Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock Arch Supports for PF and Spurs

Posted by Tony Grady on 1/03/00 at 00:00 (014354)

Hello All (Hey Scott),

It's been awhile since I posted about the Birkenstock Arch Supports but I just wanted to let people know that we offer a full refund if they don't help relieve some or all of your heel pain. I know from others who post to these boards the success they've had with Birkenstock and we hear from many of our own happy customers who swear by them.

For anyone who wants more information about us or the Birkenstock Arch Supports please visit our website at http://www.shoetree.com . Including shipping the cost is about $33US which is fully refundable if they don't help!

Thanks!
Tony

Re: Birkenstock Arch Supports for PF and Spurs

dang. dave on 1/03/00 at 00:00 (014355)

I have birkenstock arch supports. They may be better than most. And the price is good compared to others. But the arch is so high in the front it tends to hurt worse after a few hours. I have Birk. sandals too. Great for home but not for more than 4 hours or so. Perhaps because the Birkenstock arch supports have an arch more towards the front of the arch they are a safe bet for PF sufferers like myself, but after 4 or 5 hours of use than can hurt unless a pad is put under the heal... and even then not as good as the Smartfeet molded insert which costs alot more... (about 90 dollars at a ski shop locally).

Due to cost, the Birkenstocks are a good value but as we sufferers are feeling, nothing is a panacea.

Tony on 1/04/00 at 00:00 (014364)

Hello,
You might consider taking the Birkenstock Arch Support to a local shoe repair shop where they can grind down the support a bit. You're feeling the metatarsal support (kind of like a ball) just behind the ball of your foot....this is common for some people and most can get use to it...but there are a few who can't and need it ground down.

Tell the shoe repair shop to grind it down from the bottom about an 1/8' and they should feel better.

Good Luck!
Tony

dang. dave on 1/03/00 at 00:00 (014355)

I have birkenstock arch supports. They may be better than most. And the price is good compared to others. But the arch is so high in the front it tends to hurt worse after a few hours. I have Birk. sandals too. Great for home but not for more than 4 hours or so. Perhaps because the Birkenstock arch supports have an arch more towards the front of the arch they are a safe bet for PF sufferers like myself, but after 4 or 5 hours of use than can hurt unless a pad is put under the heal... and even then not as good as the Smartfeet molded insert which costs alot more... (about 90 dollars at a ski shop locally).

Due to cost, the Birkenstocks are a good value but as we sufferers are feeling, nothing is a panacea.

Tony on 1/04/00 at 00:00 (014364)

Hello,
You might consider taking the Birkenstock Arch Support to a local shoe repair shop where they can grind down the support a bit. You're feeling the metatarsal support (kind of like a ball) just behind the ball of your foot....this is common for some people and most can get use to it...but there are a few who can't and need it ground down.

Tell the shoe repair shop to grind it down from the bottom about an 1/8' and they should feel better.

Good Luck!
Tony