Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Wendyn again!

Posted by Darlene W. on 1/05/00 at 00:00 (014408)

Wendy, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I do go to a Pod but also agree I should get a second opinion from a othorpedic surgeon. I just hate going through it all again with another doctor.
My pod said there is a 75% chance the TTS and PF surgery will work. But he said he has never had one that made it worse. He said he would release the tendon and move a muscle and release the nerve.
I am not crazy about the 75% and I am starting to review all the treatments I have done and try and repeat some. I am getting a night splint made as I find if I keep my foot at a 90% angle, it hurts less when I get up.
But I know it is getting worse and I have to make some type of decision. I have taken anti-inflammatories, casting, inserts, shots, etc..

One thing you mentioned was flat feet - I am very flat footed, no arch at all. I have always had aches in my calves from standing on my feet. My work requires me to stand all day. The dr did say the mechanics of my feet predisposed me to this condition. Why is that? Also when I asked why just one foot is affected, he said I was just lucky. I can't imagine having this in both feet - I feel so much for the ones that do. It must be terrible.

Wendy, I do have a few hours everyday when I have no pain, why is this? Other parts of the day, I have to drag my foot behind me. This condition is so confusing.

I have been off work since the end of August - I have sick leave until the end of February and am covered by two great health insurances, so I am very fortunate. I can also retire if needed. I don't want to do that, but I am getting to believe this is sometime I might have to handle for a long time. Work is my last thought now, I am more concerned with being able to walk 10 years from now. Sorry to be so long winded, thanks for time. Darlene