Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Old and new shoes.....

Posted by Elise M. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014412)

Hi all,
I was just thinking about something that has occured to me from time to time. What do you do with all the old shoes you can't wear anymore or the new shoes you've invested in that you can't wear because of comfort reasons? Please consider donating them to the charitable organization ( ie. Salvation Army) of your choice. There are so many people who can't walk because they don't have ANY shoes and I'm sure even our old worn out shoes would be appreciated. This goes back, I'm sure to the old saying, ' I felt bad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet'. I'm grateful for the days I have a 'foot' to stand on and I'm grateful for the minimal amount of shoes I do have now,(hubby was terminated from his job the other day and I'm still unable to work, so new shoes are out of the question for me for a while anyway) I'm grateful for less-pain days and pain-less days..I'm grateful for you all and all the times your humor and encouragement has helped me through a bad day. El.

Re: Old and new shoes.....

Nancy S. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014419)

Very good reminder, Elise. I've been avoiding even trying to find my old shoes in the closet (where they are buried under unwanted clothes as well -- guess I'm a bit of a slob). Wasn't sure what I would do with them, and some are in great shape, or will be when I blow the dust off. I will go through them soon and do exactly as you suggest.

Melody on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014424)

Nancy,

Remember....dust is a protective convering for furniture!!!

Mel

Nancy S. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014427)

Ha ha, thank you for that, Melody! I thought I ran out of excuses long ago, but this is a great one. I will have many opportunities to use it, I can assure you.

Nancy S. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014419)

Very good reminder, Elise. I've been avoiding even trying to find my old shoes in the closet (where they are buried under unwanted clothes as well -- guess I'm a bit of a slob). Wasn't sure what I would do with them, and some are in great shape, or will be when I blow the dust off. I will go through them soon and do exactly as you suggest.

Melody on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014424)

Nancy,

Remember....dust is a protective convering for furniture!!!

Mel

Nancy S. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014427)

Ha ha, thank you for that, Melody! I thought I ran out of excuses long ago, but this is a great one. I will have many opportunities to use it, I can assure you.