Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lots of Pain, then next morning no pain?

Posted by dktkd on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014425)

Every once in a while, when my PF hurts the most.
Throbbing, sit down for a second can't stand up with out
pain and stretching.
Then next day it feels perfectly fine.
No stretching needed.
It usually comes back towards the end of the day
if i walk alot (i usually make the mistake of walking barefoot because it feel so good.)

But this week.
Same thing.
I didn't wrap my foot at night.(i usually wrap my orthotic around my foot, so if i get up in the middle of the night etc....)
It's been 5 days no pain. I even worked out my calf on the first day it didn't hurt at the gym.
Grant it if been in bed with the flu for 4 of the 5 days.
But had to walk to the doctors etc.
I didn't use my orthotic, just a gel heel cushion
and old crummy pair of sneaker.

Any explanations for this?

Re: Lots of Pain, then next morning no pain? You too???

Elise M. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014426)

Dear Dk,
I don't know what you call that but it afflicts me too. I am currently on my fourth day of less-than-usual pain. I too, worked out the other day because it's part of my new years resolution and you're right, it just felt good. I made sure to warm up as best I could and not overdo it. I did all my runners stretches that I used to do prior to running. I have started eliminating most of the yeast producers out of my diet and I believe I've already started to lose weight as my clothes hang differently. I've started weightlifting again so any fat loss will be replaced with muscle development. The scales don't tell the whole truth in this case. I know that I feel better and if losing even a little weight has helped these feet then the more the better. Best of luck, feel better.....El.

Re: Lots of Pain, then next morning no pain? You too???

Elise M. on 1/06/00 at 00:00 (014426)

Dear Dk,
I don't know what you call that but it afflicts me too. I am currently on my fourth day of less-than-usual pain. I too, worked out the other day because it's part of my new years resolution and you're right, it just felt good. I made sure to warm up as best I could and not overdo it. I did all my runners stretches that I used to do prior to running. I have started eliminating most of the yeast producers out of my diet and I believe I've already started to lose weight as my clothes hang differently. I've started weightlifting again so any fat loss will be replaced with muscle development. The scales don't tell the whole truth in this case. I know that I feel better and if losing even a little weight has helped these feet then the more the better. Best of luck, feel better.....El.