Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis in both feet.

Posted by MaryAnn O. on 1/07/00 at 00:00 (014433)

Hi everyone, just discovered this board. I have been suffering from painful bare feet walking right away in the mornings for about 1 1/2 months now. I went to the doctor and she is not sure have Plantar Fasciitis but she is treating me like I do.
My pain is in both feet but the left foot is worse, and the pain is more in the middle and side of the foot than by the heel. My symptoms sound just like Plantar Fasciitis. Very painful in the morning, or if I sit or lay awhile and then try to walk on my feet. Or if I stand or walk too much.
The doctor gave me foot stretching excercise to do, which seem to be helping some. I got arch support to be in my shoes and I am going to get some new support shoes next week.
I go back to work next week, I sure hope my feet are a little better, as I have to stand at my job, luckily I only work 2-4 hours a day.
Does anyone else have pain in both feet??? I should lose some weight also I know, but I also suffer from dizziness( for 21 months)so it is hard for me to excercise much. Any suggestions on that??
Thanks!

Re: Plantar Fasciitis in both feet.

alan k on 1/07/00 at 00:00 (014439)

You might lose a month's wages and then some, paying for things while trying to treat a chronic case over the course of months or years, if you go back to work too soon.

Rest is essential to healing pf, and many chronic cases seem to be caused by returnign to activity too soon. I think a fully healed person should rest a month before returning, very slowly and gradually, to a modified schedule.

If at all possible, take the loss of wages now because it's nothing compared to what is possible in the future, not to mention the pain, suffering, and the loss of things in your life which you treasure.

alan k

Rest xxx

Re: Plantar Fasciitis in both feet.

alan k on 1/07/00 at 00:00 (014439)

You might lose a month's wages and then some, paying for things while trying to treat a chronic case over the course of months or years, if you go back to work too soon.

Rest is essential to healing pf, and many chronic cases seem to be caused by returnign to activity too soon. I think a fully healed person should rest a month before returning, very slowly and gradually, to a modified schedule.

If at all possible, take the loss of wages now because it's nothing compared to what is possible in the future, not to mention the pain, suffering, and the loss of things in your life which you treasure.

alan k

Rest xxx