Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks Scott and Alan -- short note inside

Posted by Nancy S. on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014466)

My attempt to rid myself of this piece of equipment does sound like a bad idea. I wondered what that piece of data would be used for, Scott -- very interesting! I will do more calf stretching -- I've gotten lax lately. My orthotics and the shoes I wear them in give me at least a 1' heel, I think -- but I can't wear them all day, they start to hurt. I turn to Birks because of this.

Re: Thanks Scott and Alan -- short note inside

Mary J. on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014525)

My podiatrist told me that the night splint wouldn't be effective if the leg was not straight. I found it very hard to lay with my leg straight, and even harder while sleeping. I couldn't really see any improvement and discontinued after awhile. Stretching is painful to me, so I massage the back of my leg, which may help some.

Re: Thanks Scott and Alan -- short note inside

Mary J. on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014525)

My podiatrist told me that the night splint wouldn't be effective if the leg was not straight. I found it very hard to lay with my leg straight, and even harder while sleeping. I couldn't really see any improvement and discontinued after awhile. Stretching is painful to me, so I massage the back of my leg, which may help some.