Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

extreme pain

Posted by Terrie O. on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014471)

Hi,
I've been reading the board for about 4 months now. I think I've had PF for about 2 years. Not sure cause I was diagnosed only 1 year ago. I have been through all of the conventional treatments. Podiatrist, shots, therapy, custom inserts,ibuprofen, night splint. I'm told surgery is next, I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of it. I was wondering if anyone has tried homeopathic doctors. (not sure if I spelled it right) If anyone out there has tried and had good success please e-mail me at torla93169@aol.com. Looking for anything that will help aside from surgery.

Re: extreme pain

Nancy S. on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014473)

Hi, Terrie -- I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. In your list of traditional conservative treatments, you didn't mention casting or some other form of serious rest for a good amount of time. Have you tried this? Also, have you tried acupuncture? Some people on this board have had success with it, and two other people are going to be trying it for the first time this week. This may be a stupid question since you've had this for some time, but are you wearing GOOD shoes? I myself had no luck with the one podiatrist I was seeing. I am seeing a highly recommended osteopath this coming week and will post about it. I hope you can avoid the surgery if possible. Good luck to you -- Nancy S.

Rosalind on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014482)

Try Ruta Grav (30C). It was a big help to me and I know another person who was a dance teacher, was finally in a cast, and was cured by Ruta Grav.

Terrie on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014492)

Rosalind,
Please give me a little more information on Ruta Grav (30C). I'm Not that familiar with homeopathy only know of a friend who has tried it for another reason and suggested it to me. thanks.

john a on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014528)

At the risk of offending someone, I think that of all the 'alternative medicine' treatments, Homeopathy is based on the most patently absurd of 'theories'. I don't know what else homeopathists do, but I refer here to their practice of prescribing solutions or pills in which the 'active' ingredient is diluted to the point at which it is virtually guaranteed that there is not even one molecule of the active ingredient left. I think you can see the problem here :-)

As someone else mentioned, stick (no pun intended!) to accupuncture for now. At least being stuck with needles has a chance of having a physical effect. Low processed carbohydrate and or 'yeast killer' diets are also worth a try according to people here.

Rosalind on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014536)

I can't tell you much other than Ruta grav is usually for sprains and tendonitis and that it helped me. When I heard about the results the dance teacher had, I bought it myself, and then went to a homeopathist who agreed it was the right thing for me to try and helped with the right dose for me.

Before I tried Ruta, my only positive experience with homeopathy was with my animals, where it worked very well and very fast. I had tried homeopathy on myself before but it never did anything and logically I have had a hard time believing it could work. The homeopathist said getting the right remedy and the right dose is not always that easy, but when you do the results can be quite dramatic. Well, they were this time. I really think it helps to work with a homeopathist.

I will add that it seems that there have been different stages in my healing where at a certain stage something will make a huge difference and bump me to the next level of healing. I have tried a lot of things and have a come a long way since last January.

Rosalind on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014538)

I tend to agree with you. And even hesitated to mention I used this, but the reality is it helped me a lot and if I can help one person with that information, then I don't mind skepticism at all. In fact, I think it is healthy, especially when it is as polite as yours.

I have tried both conventional and alternative treatments. If the progress I have made lately continues, I hope to be able to post what has worked, but I don't want to 'jump' to conclusions too soon.

The ironic thing for me about there being not even one molecule in the remedies is that I have a doctorate in molecular biology. There is no doubt that homeopathy defies logic and scientific reasoning. But I also know that molecules are merely electrons and protons (energy), and when you think of it in those terms, the fact that it could work seems less impossible.

john a on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014543)

Thanks for not taking offense. I have already offended enough people here with my skepticism! I'd just like to caution that if indeed you have had success from taking these '30C' dilutions, it is infinitely more likely (or maybe only 1E60 times more likely :) to be due to 'other things', placebo effect included, than to the dubious theories of homeopathy. I point the less easily offended readers out there to the illuminating debunking article at http://www.csicop.org/si/9709/park.html

PS - I greatly respect your Molecular Biology Doctorate. I 'gave up' after a masters in mathematics. The more smart people we have on this board lending their neurons to solving the PF Absurdity, the better off we will be.

Terrie on 1/14/00 at 00:00 (014760)

Rosalind,
Thank you for the information. Please keep posting, I for one would be interested in what has helped you. My only great 'healing' stage was a series of three cortisone shots. Temporary fix, only to go back to the full pain after a few months.

Nancy S. on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014473)

Hi, Terrie -- I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. In your list of traditional conservative treatments, you didn't mention casting or some other form of serious rest for a good amount of time. Have you tried this? Also, have you tried acupuncture? Some people on this board have had success with it, and two other people are going to be trying it for the first time this week. This may be a stupid question since you've had this for some time, but are you wearing GOOD shoes? I myself had no luck with the one podiatrist I was seeing. I am seeing a highly recommended osteopath this coming week and will post about it. I hope you can avoid the surgery if possible. Good luck to you -- Nancy S.

Rosalind on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014482)

Try Ruta Grav (30C). It was a big help to me and I know another person who was a dance teacher, was finally in a cast, and was cured by Ruta Grav.

Terrie on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014492)

Rosalind,
Please give me a little more information on Ruta Grav (30C). I'm Not that familiar with homeopathy only know of a friend who has tried it for another reason and suggested it to me. thanks.

john a on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014528)

At the risk of offending someone, I think that of all the 'alternative medicine' treatments, Homeopathy is based on the most patently absurd of 'theories'. I don't know what else homeopathists do, but I refer here to their practice of prescribing solutions or pills in which the 'active' ingredient is diluted to the point at which it is virtually guaranteed that there is not even one molecule of the active ingredient left. I think you can see the problem here :-)

As someone else mentioned, stick (no pun intended!) to accupuncture for now. At least being stuck with needles has a chance of having a physical effect. Low processed carbohydrate and or 'yeast killer' diets are also worth a try according to people here.

Rosalind on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014536)

I can't tell you much other than Ruta grav is usually for sprains and tendonitis and that it helped me. When I heard about the results the dance teacher had, I bought it myself, and then went to a homeopathist who agreed it was the right thing for me to try and helped with the right dose for me.

Before I tried Ruta, my only positive experience with homeopathy was with my animals, where it worked very well and very fast. I had tried homeopathy on myself before but it never did anything and logically I have had a hard time believing it could work. The homeopathist said getting the right remedy and the right dose is not always that easy, but when you do the results can be quite dramatic. Well, they were this time. I really think it helps to work with a homeopathist.

I will add that it seems that there have been different stages in my healing where at a certain stage something will make a huge difference and bump me to the next level of healing. I have tried a lot of things and have a come a long way since last January.

Rosalind on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014538)

I tend to agree with you. And even hesitated to mention I used this, but the reality is it helped me a lot and if I can help one person with that information, then I don't mind skepticism at all. In fact, I think it is healthy, especially when it is as polite as yours.

I have tried both conventional and alternative treatments. If the progress I have made lately continues, I hope to be able to post what has worked, but I don't want to 'jump' to conclusions too soon.

The ironic thing for me about there being not even one molecule in the remedies is that I have a doctorate in molecular biology. There is no doubt that homeopathy defies logic and scientific reasoning. But I also know that molecules are merely electrons and protons (energy), and when you think of it in those terms, the fact that it could work seems less impossible.

john a on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014543)

Thanks for not taking offense. I have already offended enough people here with my skepticism! I'd just like to caution that if indeed you have had success from taking these '30C' dilutions, it is infinitely more likely (or maybe only 1E60 times more likely :) to be due to 'other things', placebo effect included, than to the dubious theories of homeopathy. I point the less easily offended readers out there to the illuminating debunking article at http://www.csicop.org/si/9709/park.html

PS - I greatly respect your Molecular Biology Doctorate. I 'gave up' after a masters in mathematics. The more smart people we have on this board lending their neurons to solving the PF Absurdity, the better off we will be.

Terrie on 1/14/00 at 00:00 (014760)

Rosalind,
Thank you for the information. Please keep posting, I for one would be interested in what has helped you. My only great 'healing' stage was a series of three cortisone shots. Temporary fix, only to go back to the full pain after a few months.