Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron--post treatment day 1

Posted by Janet on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014474)

Hey sports fans. I met with Dr. Galea Thursday to discuss my MRI results and wound up getting the Ossatron treatment Friday morning. Jenn and I must have been treated back to back! My MRI is negative --like all the other tests I've had. On physical exam Dr. Galea noted that I had some fibrosis in both heels where the PF inserts in the calcaneous. He said this doesn't always show up on tests and recommended Ossatron to treat it.
The treatment went without a hitch. The zilocaine injections were not at all painful. The treatment itself was quite painful at times but bearable. The post-treatment regimen is to walk and do stretches to keep the PF from tightening up. Today my treated heel is definitely more painful then the other one but the pain is bearable. I don't feel the need to take any pain meds. The only strange thing is that I still have a numb spot on my treated heel, like the zilocaine didn't wear off. Has any other Ossatron patient experienced this? The spot is right where Dr. Galea made made the second injection.
I'll keep all posted as to my progress.

Re: Ossatron--post treatment day 1

Martha B. on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014476)

Janet-FINALLY got the ossatron!!!You sure have been patient and tried all other avenues first.I hope you get to sell that scooter and never need it again. Yes, I had a numb area too but didn't pay much attention to it.It continued for quite a while. Did you have headache post ossatron? I had it all nite that Friday nite-probably because I was pretty apprehensive about the whole procedure before I had it done. I am thrilled to say that I am 80-85% better than I was before Sept.17!!The holidays were great compared to last Christmas.I have some soreness when I push myself but not the intense pain like I had before.I am fortunate in that I have had steady,gradual improvement as others waited a couple of months before getting better.I only had 2 'bad' weeks in the 12-the 2nd week and the 7th week.Took tylenol then.Remember,no icing or anti inflams. My untreated foot is better since I am not putting such a strain on it and my gait is better. It will need to get alot worse before I need ossatron-hopefully never. Don't hesitate to email me if I can help in any way.God Bless
Janeen-are you still alive????Let us hear from you???

Jennh on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014495)

Yes, I was there at 9:00 Friday morning. I am doing fine. Some soreness, swelling but it is much more bearable this time. I think it is becuase I knew what to expect, I know it works and I didn't have to deal with that !@#$% ultrasound guy. So, I have no numbess, but it is definitely tender. I will keep you posted becuase I plan on playing rugby this season and it starts this March.

Jennh

Doug P on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014497)

Janet -- good luck with hopefully positive results. I'm glad you made it out to Toronto. Did he do both feet? Let me know how you do, or course you will probably post. Our symptoms seem similar, and if it helps you, it will probably help me. Lots of luck!!!! Go Blue!!! -- oh the season is over

-Doug

Doug P on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014498)

Oh I wanted to mention that the numbness you feel is probably still the zilocaine. When I got cortizone shots I had the zilocaine first and it took about two days to wear off.

alan k on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014523)

Doug, I thought you already looked into this and they told you you were not a good candidate for the treatment.

Or am I confusing you with someone else?
My symptoms are like yours, I remember, so I would be interested in anything that works for you.

alan k

Janet on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014532)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the info on the zilocaine. I just had the right foot done. I'll post once a week to keep all posted. how did the ART work for you?

Janet on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014533)

Hey Martha,

Luckily I didn't have any headaches to compliment my feet aches. I'm glad to here you've progressed so well! I PRAY with all my might that I do as well as you. Thanks for your support.

Martha B. on 1/08/00 at 00:00 (014476)

Janet-FINALLY got the ossatron!!!You sure have been patient and tried all other avenues first.I hope you get to sell that scooter and never need it again. Yes, I had a numb area too but didn't pay much attention to it.It continued for quite a while. Did you have headache post ossatron? I had it all nite that Friday nite-probably because I was pretty apprehensive about the whole procedure before I had it done. I am thrilled to say that I am 80-85% better than I was before Sept.17!!The holidays were great compared to last Christmas.I have some soreness when I push myself but not the intense pain like I had before.I am fortunate in that I have had steady,gradual improvement as others waited a couple of months before getting better.I only had 2 'bad' weeks in the 12-the 2nd week and the 7th week.Took tylenol then.Remember,no icing or anti inflams. My untreated foot is better since I am not putting such a strain on it and my gait is better. It will need to get alot worse before I need ossatron-hopefully never. Don't hesitate to email me if I can help in any way.God Bless
Janeen-are you still alive????Let us hear from you???

Jennh on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014495)

Yes, I was there at 9:00 Friday morning. I am doing fine. Some soreness, swelling but it is much more bearable this time. I think it is becuase I knew what to expect, I know it works and I didn't have to deal with that !@#$% ultrasound guy. So, I have no numbess, but it is definitely tender. I will keep you posted becuase I plan on playing rugby this season and it starts this March.

Jennh

Doug P on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014497)

Janet -- good luck with hopefully positive results. I'm glad you made it out to Toronto. Did he do both feet? Let me know how you do, or course you will probably post. Our symptoms seem similar, and if it helps you, it will probably help me. Lots of luck!!!! Go Blue!!! -- oh the season is over

-Doug

Doug P on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014498)

Oh I wanted to mention that the numbness you feel is probably still the zilocaine. When I got cortizone shots I had the zilocaine first and it took about two days to wear off.

alan k on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014523)

Doug, I thought you already looked into this and they told you you were not a good candidate for the treatment.

Or am I confusing you with someone else?
My symptoms are like yours, I remember, so I would be interested in anything that works for you.

alan k

Janet on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014532)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the info on the zilocaine. I just had the right foot done. I'll post once a week to keep all posted. how did the ART work for you?

Janet on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014533)

Hey Martha,

Luckily I didn't have any headaches to compliment my feet aches. I'm glad to here you've progressed so well! I PRAY with all my might that I do as well as you. Thanks for your support.