Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

104 F fever. All PF pain dissapeared. Fever gone. PF returned. Why????

Posted by dktkd on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014503)

I had a 104 fever. My knee pain went away. PF dissapeared.
And my tendinitis virtually gone. Instantaneously.
When my fever broke all the pain is returning.
Walk just as much as when i had the fever as with out it.

WHY? When i had the fever i was pain free, aside from the fever.

Re: 104 F fever. All PF pain dissapeared. Fever gone. PF returned. Why????

jennh on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014505)

if I had a 104 temp, I don't think I could possibly feel any other pain. Your body was probably just trying to survive and maybe you were in shock.

Good luck to you

wendyn on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014513)

Dunno, I agree with Jenn that I would probably not even feel my feet with a temp that high. A lot of people seem to improve after illness from all the bed rest...were you taking any medicine you don't normally take while you had the fever? Sounds like something for the X files...

john h on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014535)

after my surgery my feet did not bother me for a one weeks which i attribute to almost complete bed rest.

Jane B. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014636)

Could be what is called gate theory. An example of this is would be if you put your hand on a hot stove you would forget about other pain you have in your body. Maybe your fever/illness just acted as the hot stove.

jennh on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014505)

if I had a 104 temp, I don't think I could possibly feel any other pain. Your body was probably just trying to survive and maybe you were in shock.

Good luck to you

wendyn on 1/09/00 at 00:00 (014513)

Dunno, I agree with Jenn that I would probably not even feel my feet with a temp that high. A lot of people seem to improve after illness from all the bed rest...were you taking any medicine you don't normally take while you had the fever? Sounds like something for the X files...

john h on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014535)

after my surgery my feet did not bother me for a one weeks which i attribute to almost complete bed rest.

Jane B. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014636)

Could be what is called gate theory. An example of this is would be if you put your hand on a hot stove you would forget about other pain you have in your body. Maybe your fever/illness just acted as the hot stove.