Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS and podatrist app tomarrow

Posted by Laurie R on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014559)

Hi to all,It has been a while but I still don't have my computer back yet.Alan I have other app tomarrow with my podiatrist.I am still having the nerve pain in my foot.My foot is still going numb .I will ask him again about TTs.I still think I have it .My foot and my pain is just under my ankle inside and my arch.I will let you know.Alan or anyone can you think of anything I could ask my podiatrist tomarrow .I always forget something when I get there.As of now I have been off work for 3 and a half months because of pf,I am on workmans comp.A week or so a go My pod put me back to work 2 days a week but my job is giving me a hard time they say there is no job for me because I have been off so long and they had to replace me and they can't let that person go.So now I have that to think about as well as getting better it did kinda work out because I am still in a lot of pain.Thanks for listening to me.Laurie R

Re: TTS and podatrist app tomarrow

alan k on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014568)

good luck Laurie.

For me you could ask my question about whether activity makes a nerve entrapment worse.

For you, you could ask the doctor to draw on your foot, tracing all the major nerves starting from the tibial, and show you which one he thinks is entrapped, and contrast that to the tarsal tunnel region, and explain why he thinks the entrapment is only there and not in the tarsal tunnel also. Entrapment in the tarsal tunnel will take care of every other nerve that branches after it, so it gets you the nice whole foot pain experience some of us know and love. Maybe other entrapments only get pain for that part and its branches.

let me know ...

alan k

Re: TTS and podatrist app tomarrow To Alan

Laurie R on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014572)

Hi Alan,Thanks for your response.Can you tell me where the Tarsal Tunnel region is.I still don't know.I forgot what nerve he told me was entraped .I will asked him tomarrow and write it down.Thanks Laurie R

alan k on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014573)

The tt region is in between ankle and achilles, curving under ankle between ankle and corner of heel, maybe a little further, where it begins to split into other branches. I am going by memory so I might be a little wrong but not much.

There is a ligament band that runs from ankle to lower achilles which is often the culprit, as in the mr. ligament strangles mr. nerve cartoons on some tts sites (don't know where). If you dorsiflex your foot and then rotate it outward like a penguin, you might be able to feel that band of tough fiber. This could entrap the tibial nerve, or later branches can be trapped elsewhere. Try to get an explanation of why the doctor rules out tarsal tunnel entrapment, and get an explanation of what it is that is entrapping the nerve in the location that he believes it is entrapped, and get an explanation of how he knows this. The answers would be very informative for everyone, since I don't know how my pod knows tt is my only entrapment (I think, to be fair, he said he didn't know for sure).

I am very frustrated with doctors, but trying to be open minded. They really do tax me, though. If any one can explain why its alright for me to exersize I would really like to know...

alan k

Re: TTS and podatrist app tomarrow

alan k on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014568)

good luck Laurie.

For me you could ask my question about whether activity makes a nerve entrapment worse.

For you, you could ask the doctor to draw on your foot, tracing all the major nerves starting from the tibial, and show you which one he thinks is entrapped, and contrast that to the tarsal tunnel region, and explain why he thinks the entrapment is only there and not in the tarsal tunnel also. Entrapment in the tarsal tunnel will take care of every other nerve that branches after it, so it gets you the nice whole foot pain experience some of us know and love. Maybe other entrapments only get pain for that part and its branches.

let me know ...

alan k

Laurie R on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014572)

Hi Alan,Thanks for your response.Can you tell me where the Tarsal Tunnel region is.I still don't know.I forgot what nerve he told me was entraped .I will asked him tomarrow and write it down.Thanks Laurie R

alan k on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014573)

The tt region is in between ankle and achilles, curving under ankle between ankle and corner of heel, maybe a little further, where it begins to split into other branches. I am going by memory so I might be a little wrong but not much.

There is a ligament band that runs from ankle to lower achilles which is often the culprit, as in the mr. ligament strangles mr. nerve cartoons on some tts sites (don't know where). If you dorsiflex your foot and then rotate it outward like a penguin, you might be able to feel that band of tough fiber. This could entrap the tibial nerve, or later branches can be trapped elsewhere. Try to get an explanation of why the doctor rules out tarsal tunnel entrapment, and get an explanation of what it is that is entrapping the nerve in the location that he believes it is entrapped, and get an explanation of how he knows this. The answers would be very informative for everyone, since I don't know how my pod knows tt is my only entrapment (I think, to be fair, he said he didn't know for sure).

I am very frustrated with doctors, but trying to be open minded. They really do tax me, though. If any one can explain why its alright for me to exersize I would really like to know...

alan k