Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Bursitis

Posted by Frank P. on 1/11/00 at 00:00 (014615)

Has anyone had foot bursitis in addition to Plantar Faciitis that can tell me how that part of the problem was dealt with? My podiatrist mentioned possibility of surgery to remove 'bursa sac' which in my case is like a hard nodule in the middle of my heel. Also I have lost fat pad on heel so this nodule is quite annoying. Surgery is really not an option I'm entertaining so any input would be appreciated.

Re: Foot Bursitis

Lynda S. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014652)

Frank: I also had a heel bursitis which was found when doing open surgery for plantar fasciitis. A couple of years before, I had the EPF procedure. On the open procedure they removed the bursa sac which was found as a coincidence. I also have a very thin heel pad on both feet. My doctor thought for sure the problem would be solved, but after being off my foot then for three weeks, PT including friction massage and ultrasound, there was not a bit of difference in the level of my pain. Sorry, that's not the result you wanted to hear, but others may have a different story. Ultimately, Birks have given me my best relief.

Re: Foot Bursitis

Lynda S. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014652)

Frank: I also had a heel bursitis which was found when doing open surgery for plantar fasciitis. A couple of years before, I had the EPF procedure. On the open procedure they removed the bursa sac which was found as a coincidence. I also have a very thin heel pad on both feet. My doctor thought for sure the problem would be solved, but after being off my foot then for three weeks, PT including friction massage and ultrasound, there was not a bit of difference in the level of my pain. Sorry, that's not the result you wanted to hear, but others may have a different story. Ultimately, Birks have given me my best relief.