Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strapping

Posted by Frank P. on 1/11/00 at 00:00 (014617)

For my PF, my Podiatrist has never mentioned 'strapping'. He has given me a night splint which I find rather uncomfortable after a few hours and remove it. Would strapping be as beneficial as a night splint and allow me more comfort for sleeping so that I would leave it on all night. I have to remove the night splint if I need to get up in the middle of the night.

Can someone tell me the procedure for strapping and what is used?

Re: Strapping

alan k on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014625)

I'm not sure what you mean, but you might be referring to a guy who posted here recently about his method of wrapping the feet in an ace bandage to mimic the effects of a night splint. It doesn't last through out the night, but it may have the advantage of not being so awkward as these boots. Do a search for wrapping and strapping-- I think he used 'wrapping' or 'wrap' or use ace bandage as the word search.

alan k

Re: Strapping

alan k on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014625)

I'm not sure what you mean, but you might be referring to a guy who posted here recently about his method of wrapping the feet in an ace bandage to mimic the effects of a night splint. It doesn't last through out the night, but it may have the advantage of not being so awkward as these boots. Do a search for wrapping and strapping-- I think he used 'wrapping' or 'wrap' or use ace bandage as the word search.

alan k