Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

a pretty decent medical article about plantar fasciitis and heel pain:

Posted by dang dave on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014623)

maybe this link will work

otherwise here's the url:

http://www.aafp.org/search?NS-search-page=document&NS-rel-doc-name=/afp/990415ap/2200.html&NS-query=plantar+fasciitis&NS-search-type=NS-boolean-query&NS-collection=Entire%20Site%20Search&NS-docs-found=26&NS-doc-number=1

In my case, I should probably lose weight as the most effective means of treatment. And not do too much exercise.

Re: a pretty decent medical article about plantar fasciitis and heel pain:

Nancy S. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014628)

Dave, thanks for posting this! It's a good article, one I hadn't encountered in my many web searches, tho I'm certainly familiar with Dr. Barrett's name. It is interesting especially in that it clearly advocates types of treatment sorely missing from the treatment many of us here have received from our podiatrists. I hate to keep sticking pins in those people, but the lack of imagination or effort or interest on the part of many podiatrists is astounding. Dr. Barrett emphasizes PATIENT EDUCATION and many types of CONSERVATIVE HOME SELF-TREATMENTS. We are familiar with them now because of Scott and message boarders, but how many learned them from their own doctors? My disgust grows.
Thanks again, Dave.
-- Nancy

Re: a pretty decent medical article about plantar fasciitis and heel pain:

Nancy S. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014628)

Dave, thanks for posting this! It's a good article, one I hadn't encountered in my many web searches, tho I'm certainly familiar with Dr. Barrett's name. It is interesting especially in that it clearly advocates types of treatment sorely missing from the treatment many of us here have received from our podiatrists. I hate to keep sticking pins in those people, but the lack of imagination or effort or interest on the part of many podiatrists is astounding. Dr. Barrett emphasizes PATIENT EDUCATION and many types of CONSERVATIVE HOME SELF-TREATMENTS. We are familiar with them now because of Scott and message boarders, but how many learned them from their own doctors? My disgust grows.
Thanks again, Dave.
-- Nancy