Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dave, I do use that splint wedge - can't seem to get an answer on whether it's OK to increase the angle further

Posted by Nancy S. on 1/12/00 at 00:00 (014647)

I was posting on this a week or so ago (or was it a year?), because I've been using the night splint for six months straight and it's never appeared to do a thing for me. I feel no stretch at all when I have it on, and wonder if this is why it has no effect on me. I keep wondering if it would be safe to augment the wedge so that I feel some stretch. I've asked that in a couple of messages here lately but I don't get a response, so I guess no one knows. I'm afraid to do it unless I'm reasonably sure I wouldn't be harming myself further. Thanks for thinking of me.
--Nancy

Re: Dave, I do use that splint wedge - can't seem to get an answer on whether it's OK to increase the angle further

Mary J. on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014675)

Nancy, My podiatrist told me that the leg should be straight in the night splint for it to work. I found that very difficult especially while sleeping, so I gave it up after awhile. Maybe I will try it again later. Good luck.

Re: Dave, I do use that splint wedge - can't seem to get an answer on whether it's OK to increase the angle further

Mary J. on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014675)

Nancy, My podiatrist told me that the leg should be straight in the night splint for it to work. I found that very difficult especially while sleeping, so I gave it up after awhile. Maybe I will try it again later. Good luck.