Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

get another physician or, in my case, a nurse practitioner to administer shots (few, if any)

Posted by dang dave on 1/14/00 at 00:00 (014755)

I had the cortisone shot and it was painless. Novacaine and properly administered there shouldn't be any pain except for a smallish lump near the protuberance in front of the heel bone (heel spur) I didn't even get that. Most good docs or nurses won't encourage use of injections. However in my case it was the best thing to happen to me in a doctor's office... well almost except when my son gets good health checkups before and after his birth.

Probably because I had a very experienced nurse administer the shot and that he looked at the x ray first helped to make it a good experience. A limited number of cortisone shots (like one per foot) shouldn't hurt... but after that try the other remedies (home ones mostly).

my nurse was in the orthopeadic surgeon's office, they are better trained it seems than podiatrists IMO.