Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm suddenly better (man this is wierd..)

Posted by Brad on 1/15/00 at 00:00 (014798)

I've had PF and heelspurs about 4 to 5 months. I've done the arch-supports and stretching so far and even tried meds (feldene) for a month. It hasn't been any better. Now in 2 days my pain is reduced at least half, maybe more.
The only thing I can think of that I'm doing different is my diet. I hade previous experience with Lowcarb'ing (Atkins, Protein Power) and liked it a lot so I got back on the program 3 days ago. No I havn't lost any weight yet, still 230#, but it feels much better. Just thought I'd let people know that reducing insulin and blood-sugar levels seems to help me.
Brad

Re: I'm suddenly better (man this is wierd..)/ Reply

Elise M. on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014810)

Hi Brad,
Thank God that you finally feel better!!! I too share a similar experience. I started eliminating yeast from my diet about two weeks ago now. I have lost some weight, nothing spectacular but I've also been able to sustain whole days (better than 8 hours) on my feet being more active than I've been since August. I even took my dog out for an extended walk the other day. My problem time is right after I stop and sit for a while at the end of the day. So, I don't push it. I am now taking only extra strength Tylenol, use my inserts and faithfully stretch all the time, every time I think about it. Continued wellness...............Elise

Re: I'm suddenly better (man this is wierd..)/ Reply

Elise M. on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014810)

Hi Brad,
Thank God that you finally feel better!!! I too share a similar experience. I started eliminating yeast from my diet about two weeks ago now. I have lost some weight, nothing spectacular but I've also been able to sustain whole days (better than 8 hours) on my feet being more active than I've been since August. I even took my dog out for an extended walk the other day. My problem time is right after I stop and sit for a while at the end of the day. So, I don't push it. I am now taking only extra strength Tylenol, use my inserts and faithfully stretch all the time, every time I think about it. Continued wellness...............Elise