Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

here's a darned interesting question

Posted by pete on 1/15/00 at 00:00 (014799)

Has anyone ever heard of linking dental amalgams (silver fillings which contain 50% mercury - an extremely toxic substance) with plantar fasciitis? there's seems to be alot of discussion on this board reletive to diet and nutrition. I know amalgams in people can cause a virtual multitude of body chemistry and dietary/nutritional imbalances and health problems. mercury is also a neuro toxin and could explain tingling that alot of people get with plantar fasciitis.

has anyone ever had their amalgams removed and experienced an improvement in plantar fasciitis and foot pain?

I would be very interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this subject. Thanks!

Re: here's a darned interesting question

pete on 1/15/00 at 00:00 (014800)

also, just to list a few other symptoms that amalgams can cause...do any of you with amalgams, and foot pain also have cold hands/feet or body temp, fatigue, headaches, ringing in ears, digestive problems, reduced kidney function (you probably wouldn't know this without a blood test), tingling in hands/feet, heart palpatations, allergies to name just a few? again, there are alot more symptoms other than this that can be caused by amalgams, but i'm just curious if anyone who has silver amalgams AND plantar fasciitis, if they have some other unexplained, unresponsive, weird health issues. It may seem far fetched, but there's got to be some reason so many people are getting PF that just refuses to resolve. maybe amalgams could explain at least some of the cases people are experiencing?

Annette GE on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014813)

Yeah, my mouth is full of them to. I had lousy teeth as a kid and was always in the dentist chair. As a young adult I had some very expensive crowns done to cover up most of the fillings. Most of the crowns are still good. Even if mercury amalgam poisioning is part of my problem there is no way I could afford to have them all removed. I have read just having them removed can cause more problems if it isn't done right. My only other alternative would be dentures. Yuck! I think I may have a problem with yeast overgrowth and mercury poisioning. I don't know. I am on the yeast killing diet and my cronic pain is slowly getting better. It started the worst in the feet and then spread to the rest of my body in arthritis symptoms. I think there is a strong link between yeast or candida known as systemic candida and leaky gut syndrome and possibly mercury poisioning. I think the body just gets overloaded with toxins. It is taking me almost 3 months to slowly get better and I am not there yet. I have read it can take up to a year to cure leaky gut depending on how bad someone was and I was very bad. I would be interested to read some more posts from others on this subject.

Martha B. on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014815)

Hey folks-dont go having your teeth extracted!!!The amalgam thing was a big scare a few years back but the studies were done on SHEEP.I dont discount that it could be a very miniscule chance this could happen to a person but unlikely.One lady came into my office and only had 1 side of her mouth amalgam fillings replaced and her previous dentist told her that would cure her ailments-figure that out!!!Guess he got tired of working on her. I am not a dentist but a dental hygienist with 32 years experience. I know that we get so desperate and frustrated that we grasp as straws in fighting this disorder-I once told someone that if rubbing cow manure in my feet would help I'd go to a pasture and get busy!lolol Keep on keeping on everyone!!!!

pete on 1/15/00 at 00:00 (014800)

also, just to list a few other symptoms that amalgams can cause...do any of you with amalgams, and foot pain also have cold hands/feet or body temp, fatigue, headaches, ringing in ears, digestive problems, reduced kidney function (you probably wouldn't know this without a blood test), tingling in hands/feet, heart palpatations, allergies to name just a few? again, there are alot more symptoms other than this that can be caused by amalgams, but i'm just curious if anyone who has silver amalgams AND plantar fasciitis, if they have some other unexplained, unresponsive, weird health issues. It may seem far fetched, but there's got to be some reason so many people are getting PF that just refuses to resolve. maybe amalgams could explain at least some of the cases people are experiencing?

Annette GE on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014813)

Yeah, my mouth is full of them to. I had lousy teeth as a kid and was always in the dentist chair. As a young adult I had some very expensive crowns done to cover up most of the fillings. Most of the crowns are still good. Even if mercury amalgam poisioning is part of my problem there is no way I could afford to have them all removed. I have read just having them removed can cause more problems if it isn't done right. My only other alternative would be dentures. Yuck! I think I may have a problem with yeast overgrowth and mercury poisioning. I don't know. I am on the yeast killing diet and my cronic pain is slowly getting better. It started the worst in the feet and then spread to the rest of my body in arthritis symptoms. I think there is a strong link between yeast or candida known as systemic candida and leaky gut syndrome and possibly mercury poisioning. I think the body just gets overloaded with toxins. It is taking me almost 3 months to slowly get better and I am not there yet. I have read it can take up to a year to cure leaky gut depending on how bad someone was and I was very bad. I would be interested to read some more posts from others on this subject.

Martha B. on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014815)

Hey folks-dont go having your teeth extracted!!!The amalgam thing was a big scare a few years back but the studies were done on SHEEP.I dont discount that it could be a very miniscule chance this could happen to a person but unlikely.One lady came into my office and only had 1 side of her mouth amalgam fillings replaced and her previous dentist told her that would cure her ailments-figure that out!!!Guess he got tired of working on her. I am not a dentist but a dental hygienist with 32 years experience. I know that we get so desperate and frustrated that we grasp as straws in fighting this disorder-I once told someone that if rubbing cow manure in my feet would help I'd go to a pasture and get busy!lolol Keep on keeping on everyone!!!!