Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Casual poll: how many youngish (20-50) sufferers have a lot of fillings?

Posted by alan k on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014811)

Since we are not likely to have a few or even one poster who shelled out the money for porcelain replacement fillings, it would be better to ask of the 20-50 year old sufferers whether they have had a lot of cavities filled. In almost every case, fillings are done with silver-mercury amalgam.

I'll start: I'm loaded with them, handicapped and 35.

I have been thinking about this for some time. Some people with peripheral neuropathy report getting better with changing the amalgams. Problem is, after spending thousands of dollars already, and no more credit left, I don't know that I could ever shell out the thousands it would take to change the amalgams just on a hunch.

Like yeast overgrowth, the unconfirmed condition of mercury poisoning from amalgams includes so many symptoms its hard not to fall under its category.

The idea of mercury in my mouth is extremely disturbing though, because it is so toxic. It very well may be the case that all of us partially crippled sufferers in our 30's have multiple factors effecting us which might be removed, and how could mercury be good? The question is why my parents generation does not suffer foot problems like this one since silver-mercury Dental amalgams have been in use for about 150 years.

alan k

Re: Casual poll: how many youngish (20-50) sufferers have a lot of fillings?

Elise M. on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014817)

Hi,
I'll add to this random poll. I am 46 and have more silver than white in my mouth. If the silver was gold, I'd be rich right now. Elise

Re: Casual poll: how many youngish (20-50) sufferers have a lot of fillings?

Elise M. on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014817)

Hi,
I'll add to this random poll. I am 46 and have more silver than white in my mouth. If the silver was gold, I'd be rich right now. Elise