Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

right by my arch

Posted by alan k on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014825)

Hi Laurie,

sorry to hear that. are you in a walking cast before this onset of greater pain?

could you get that name of the spot from your doc next time? And could you describe the spot?

I have pain in tarsal tunnel, generally in the foot, and in one spot on the inside of my foot, on the edge-corner between sole and foot, right where the arch starts after the heel.

I wonder if yours is the same and what it is called.

alan k

Re: right by my arch

Laurie R on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014828)

Hi Alan,That is just where my pain starts.It is where the heel begins and it is just above the arch.I just started to swell the past few days.It feels like the pain is way inside my foot deep.Also along the inside of my ankel to my arch.I think the nerve is called the medial does that sound right? Laurie R Thanks Alan

Re: right by my arch To Alan

Laurie R on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014830)

HI Alan ,sorry I forgot the cast came back on after the onset of the pain .My podiatrist said it will help with the pain I have now.The thing is I was getting so much better and now I feel like I went back to square one.The ankel pain is much worst so is the arch pain.Laurie R P.S. Alan how are you feeling? How is the pain?

alan k on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014843)

Strangely, I don't have ups and downs like everyone else. It's always the same amount of pain. There was one decrease which came after switching to birks, and maybe also as a result of rest. Ever since then I've just been hovering at the same level-- barely functional thank goodness-- and there doesn't seem to be any prospect for improvement.

One week of acupuncture has been interesting. I am going to get a coritsone shot next week, and will report. So, far no change.

I know that the very minor changes in pain for me can get me very upset, so I imagine you and Wendy are dealing with turbulent emotions now. I hope things go better and your cast helps. I might try that too.

alan k

Laurie R on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014860)

Hi Alan ,I was just thinking how do you rate your pain from 1 to 10?Mine is about 7 right now.I just got back from PT so I am even more sore.Laurie R

Re: right by my arch

Laurie R on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014828)

Hi Alan,That is just where my pain starts.It is where the heel begins and it is just above the arch.I just started to swell the past few days.It feels like the pain is way inside my foot deep.Also along the inside of my ankel to my arch.I think the nerve is called the medial does that sound right? Laurie R Thanks Alan

Laurie R on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014830)

HI Alan ,sorry I forgot the cast came back on after the onset of the pain .My podiatrist said it will help with the pain I have now.The thing is I was getting so much better and now I feel like I went back to square one.The ankel pain is much worst so is the arch pain.Laurie R P.S. Alan how are you feeling? How is the pain?

alan k on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014843)

Strangely, I don't have ups and downs like everyone else. It's always the same amount of pain. There was one decrease which came after switching to birks, and maybe also as a result of rest. Ever since then I've just been hovering at the same level-- barely functional thank goodness-- and there doesn't seem to be any prospect for improvement.

One week of acupuncture has been interesting. I am going to get a coritsone shot next week, and will report. So, far no change.

I know that the very minor changes in pain for me can get me very upset, so I imagine you and Wendy are dealing with turbulent emotions now. I hope things go better and your cast helps. I might try that too.

alan k

Laurie R on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014860)

Hi Alan ,I was just thinking how do you rate your pain from 1 to 10?Mine is about 7 right now.I just got back from PT so I am even more sore.Laurie R