Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Increase in pain

Posted by wendyn on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014831)

Your medial and lateral plantar nerves run through the Tarsal tunnel, then the medial runs on to the bottom of your foot. I do not know what caused my increase in pain...I do have theories...

I started slow biking before Christmas
I was being somewhat more vigorous in the pool
I started gentle leg exercises
Maybe I was standing around visiting a lot at Christmas
I got new Birks that don't seem quite as soft

Who knows?

I do get swelling sometimes, but not often since I switched to Birks - and only on my right foot.

I'm still having a lot of leg pain (sciatica) and strange tingly sensations in my lower legs.

You know..up until 2 weeks ago...I did not even know that there was a movie guide in my TV guide? I didn't watch enough TV to actually need a guide. It shows each day and what movies are on. Cool. I watched the Shining today...never seen it before. I am officially a couch potatoe now. I have watched more movies in the last two weeks than I did all of last year. If nothing else, my knowledge on entertainment subjects will improve for 'Jeopardy'.

Maybe I should take up needle point? I feel like I am in training to be a granny....walking with a cane, hobbling around, resting my feet. I will make a great granny some day. (No offense meant to any granny's out there).

Re: Increase in pain

john h on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014848)

speaking of watching movies wendy. i saw an unusual and what i thought a terrific film: 'snow falling on cedar'. new release.

Laurie R on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014859)

Hi ,That is so funny, movies thats all I do now too.Just today at therapy thats wath we were talking about and befor this happen the pf I never watched TV.Laurie R

john h on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014848)

speaking of watching movies wendy. i saw an unusual and what i thought a terrific film: 'snow falling on cedar'. new release.

Laurie R on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014859)

Hi ,That is so funny, movies thats all I do now too.Just today at therapy thats wath we were talking about and befor this happen the pf I never watched TV.Laurie R