Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cure was in back alignment!!

Posted by Mary on 1/16/00 at 00:00 (014835)

I thought my heel problem was due to the PF that everyone was talking about...only to discover that the problem was caused by a lower back problem...a dislocated vertebrae Now when I keep up with my back excercises my heel doesn't hurt!! I had a back injury at work and it was only after that the heel started hurting. I went for therapy... was helped and then the heel thing started....I only realized that it was bacause I discontinued my back exercises. When I resumed them...the pain went away!! Whoa!! What one nerve will do for the next, right?

Re: Cure was in back alignment!!

alan k on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014840)

That's great news.

How did you hurt your back and what did it feel like?

Also, what was your foot pain like? Pain in the morning, in certain spots, all around, after standing or walking or all the time?

thanks, alan k

MaryAnn O on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014863)

I am curious to hear more of your story and how it came about that you discovered it was your back alignment that was causing your heel pain???
I have been having problems with my lower back for awhile, been doing excercises for that and still am. Now I am having problems with my feet but my pain is in the sole and top of the feet, not the heel really.
Now I am doing excercises for both my back and feet but there is still some pain still. Very curious!

Mary S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015062)

Mary S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015063)

Guess my last message got lost... Here goes again.

Mary Anne:

I was injured at my job, which is in an Elementary School Libary, moving some very heavy shelves...on rollers...but there were scads of 'em. I was almost immoble. I couldn't walk straight and the pain was almost unbearable. I was referred to physical therapy and spent many weeks there. I tried to tell them there was a dislocated verterbrae..but they said NO. I said YES. At the end of one of my final sessions, after the heat packs, exercises, and the final ice packs..I felt the crunch...the sudden relocation!!! I even heard it go into place. I stood up and walked straight for the first time in months and didn't have the excruciating pain!! It was very sore...but that pain was gone. They believed me then!!

What I am saying to you is that we know our own bodies... We know far more about how they feel, how they operate than any doctor in this universe. We must explore our knowledge of this and go from there. I learned this from one of my most favorite doctors over the years. She told me ' You will know when you need me for what ever you need.' How true.

My foot problem was much like yours. On the top, on the side, on the bottom...bounced around. That made me wonder WHY!!!?? I discovered the answer.

I want you to know that I am not a youngster. I've learned lots in life and am willing to share. Hope you will find some knowledge in this message. The best to you!!

Mary S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015067)

Alan:

I hurt my back at work pushing some really heavy shelves...(I work in an Elementary Library)..and I was sure it was a slipped disk!! I was almost immobile... excruciating pain..sitting, standing, couldn't even lie down to sleep without pain. Was sent to therapy and was there for several weeks... they told me it was a strained muscle...I diagreed...but they had the muscle!!!!One day it did get back into location and when I walked out 'straight' they believed me. I never had the PF type problem before this happened. Then when it appeared I was distraught. NOW, I know to rely on my own judgement. I started back on my excercises to correct my 'floating' vertebrae and I no longer had any pain in my foot. The pains were on top, on the side on the bottom of the heel....all around... NOW....NO PAIN!!

Check it out. Might be the solution. God Speed!!!

Back Pain on 2/16/00 at 00:00 (015944)

I have some low back pain but all the doctors tell me heel pain can cause low back pain because most people with heel pain do not walk the way they should But I would be real interested in knowing about some back exercises any thing that could help please tell me how you do them?

Patricia on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016126)

My pain is in the ball or heel of both feet but my left is the worstThe pain is worst when getting up but never really goes away The yare both real sore like when We would walk on rocks growing up You older people will remember this I am now taking VIOXX which has helped alot But I didnt have in mind taking medicine the rest of my life When this first started in 98 the Dr. said this would go away there was nothing to it.

Patricia on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016127)

I have wrote this 2 times i missed up Both my feet hurt in the ball of the foot as if I had got stone brusing on both of them since 98 when I first went to the Dr. he said this would just go away soon but he did the usuall things like shots casts splints cups of all kinds medicines Now they say I have Osteoarthritis and have put me on VIOXX It has helped some but I dont know if this is a long time fix or what My doctors have ubckuded 2 foot doctors 1 bone dr. 2 mds Somone at my church said I should try a carapactor sorry bad spelling

alan k on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014840)

That's great news.

How did you hurt your back and what did it feel like?

Also, what was your foot pain like? Pain in the morning, in certain spots, all around, after standing or walking or all the time?

thanks, alan k

MaryAnn O on 1/17/00 at 00:00 (014863)

I am curious to hear more of your story and how it came about that you discovered it was your back alignment that was causing your heel pain???
I have been having problems with my lower back for awhile, been doing excercises for that and still am. Now I am having problems with my feet but my pain is in the sole and top of the feet, not the heel really.
Now I am doing excercises for both my back and feet but there is still some pain still. Very curious!

Mary S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015062)

Mary S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015063)

Guess my last message got lost... Here goes again.

Mary Anne:

I was injured at my job, which is in an Elementary School Libary, moving some very heavy shelves...on rollers...but there were scads of 'em. I was almost immoble. I couldn't walk straight and the pain was almost unbearable. I was referred to physical therapy and spent many weeks there. I tried to tell them there was a dislocated verterbrae..but they said NO. I said YES. At the end of one of my final sessions, after the heat packs, exercises, and the final ice packs..I felt the crunch...the sudden relocation!!! I even heard it go into place. I stood up and walked straight for the first time in months and didn't have the excruciating pain!! It was very sore...but that pain was gone. They believed me then!!

What I am saying to you is that we know our own bodies... We know far more about how they feel, how they operate than any doctor in this universe. We must explore our knowledge of this and go from there. I learned this from one of my most favorite doctors over the years. She told me ' You will know when you need me for what ever you need.' How true.

My foot problem was much like yours. On the top, on the side, on the bottom...bounced around. That made me wonder WHY!!!?? I discovered the answer.

I want you to know that I am not a youngster. I've learned lots in life and am willing to share. Hope you will find some knowledge in this message. The best to you!!

Mary S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015067)

Alan:

I hurt my back at work pushing some really heavy shelves...(I work in an Elementary Library)..and I was sure it was a slipped disk!! I was almost immobile... excruciating pain..sitting, standing, couldn't even lie down to sleep without pain. Was sent to therapy and was there for several weeks... they told me it was a strained muscle...I diagreed...but they had the muscle!!!!One day it did get back into location and when I walked out 'straight' they believed me. I never had the PF type problem before this happened. Then when it appeared I was distraught. NOW, I know to rely on my own judgement. I started back on my excercises to correct my 'floating' vertebrae and I no longer had any pain in my foot. The pains were on top, on the side on the bottom of the heel....all around... NOW....NO PAIN!!

Check it out. Might be the solution. God Speed!!!

Back Pain on 2/16/00 at 00:00 (015944)

I have some low back pain but all the doctors tell me heel pain can cause low back pain because most people with heel pain do not walk the way they should But I would be real interested in knowing about some back exercises any thing that could help please tell me how you do them?

Patricia on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016126)

My pain is in the ball or heel of both feet but my left is the worstThe pain is worst when getting up but never really goes away The yare both real sore like when We would walk on rocks growing up You older people will remember this I am now taking VIOXX which has helped alot But I didnt have in mind taking medicine the rest of my life When this first started in 98 the Dr. said this would go away there was nothing to it.

Patricia on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016127)

I have wrote this 2 times i missed up Both my feet hurt in the ball of the foot as if I had got stone brusing on both of them since 98 when I first went to the Dr. he said this would just go away soon but he did the usuall things like shots casts splints cups of all kinds medicines Now they say I have Osteoarthritis and have put me on VIOXX It has helped some but I dont know if this is a long time fix or what My doctors have ubckuded 2 foot doctors 1 bone dr. 2 mds Somone at my church said I should try a carapactor sorry bad spelling