Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pilates Premier -vs- Pilates Performer: re alan k's messages

Posted by john a on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014870)

Anyone know the difference? My guess is the Premier is a 'luxury' style of the Performer, but I don't know. The Performer is sold at the pilates site for $369. Curiously, hey don't seem to mention the Premier. The Premier that alan k said he bought from egghead.com cost him about $300. I went to the egghead site and saw 8 'refurbished' Premiers for sale at auction. Alan, did you get yours through this auction method? Was it refurbished? If so, was it in ok shape? I'm considering getting one...

Re: Pilates Premier -vs- Pilates Performer: re alan k's messages

alan k on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014871)

The premier is the delux version of performer. The only difference is that it has wood trim that makes it look good, while I have heard the performer is kind of ugly. The premier does look good.

I got mine because it was the lowest price I could find, at $300. It is 'refurbished' but I could not tell a single thing about it that did not seem brand new. I think maybe these are machines that we returned before the 15 day or (rarely) 30 money back guarantee time. Or they may be new, I really couldn't tell a thing.

I recommend getting the nicer looking one, which if you figure in the shipping cost, is about $100 cheaper than the new ugly one, because these at egghead are free shipping. I thought maybe that would mean I would get it by steam barge up the hudson river from south america, but in fact it arrived in less than a week (not sure because I was away and there it was leaning against the house when I got back.)

alan k

Re: Pilates Premier -vs- Pilates Performer: re alan k's messages

alan k on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014871)

The premier is the delux version of performer. The only difference is that it has wood trim that makes it look good, while I have heard the performer is kind of ugly. The premier does look good.

I got mine because it was the lowest price I could find, at $300. It is 'refurbished' but I could not tell a single thing about it that did not seem brand new. I think maybe these are machines that we returned before the 15 day or (rarely) 30 money back guarantee time. Or they may be new, I really couldn't tell a thing.

I recommend getting the nicer looking one, which if you figure in the shipping cost, is about $100 cheaper than the new ugly one, because these at egghead are free shipping. I thought maybe that would mean I would get it by steam barge up the hudson river from south america, but in fact it arrived in less than a week (not sure because I was away and there it was leaning against the house when I got back.)

alan k