Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and TTS

Posted by Laurie R on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014884)

Hi, I was just thinking If TTS is so rare why do people say TTS and PF go hand and hand? Dose any one know?Laurie R

Re: PF and TTS

alan k on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014888)

I don't know for sure but I think they mean that often they come together, WHEN there is tts. Its more like where there is tts there is often pf. Not the other way around.

I think

alan k

john h on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014890)

i have never read any in of the journals, etc that pf and tts go hand in hand but i have read that tts is rare.

john h on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014892)

could be that if you have pf you change your gate for instance walk on the outer edge or inner edge of your foot which could lead to tts.

wendyn on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014898)

I would suspect that this is because they are often caused by the same things; sudden increase in activity, inappropriate foot wear, mechanical problems with the foot etc. If you have flat feet that pronate and no support in your shoes, you are more likely to develop PF - those are also the same things that can contribute to TTS.

It would be like a sunburn and heat stroke....you could get both, but most people just get a sun burn. You can also get heat stroke without the sun - but quite often you see them together, since they both can happen from being out the sun too long.

Make sense?

alan k on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014888)

I don't know for sure but I think they mean that often they come together, WHEN there is tts. Its more like where there is tts there is often pf. Not the other way around.

I think

alan k

john h on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014890)

i have never read any in of the journals, etc that pf and tts go hand in hand but i have read that tts is rare.

john h on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014892)

could be that if you have pf you change your gate for instance walk on the outer edge or inner edge of your foot which could lead to tts.

wendyn on 1/18/00 at 00:00 (014898)

I would suspect that this is because they are often caused by the same things; sudden increase in activity, inappropriate foot wear, mechanical problems with the foot etc. If you have flat feet that pronate and no support in your shoes, you are more likely to develop PF - those are also the same things that can contribute to TTS.

It would be like a sunburn and heat stroke....you could get both, but most people just get a sun burn. You can also get heat stroke without the sun - but quite often you see them together, since they both can happen from being out the sun too long.

Make sense?