Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks and a little gift

Posted by wendyW on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014910)

I've received some excellent advice on this board over the past six months that I have been coming here. As a thank you, and to help you keep from getting monkey crazy, go to http://www.webwasher.com . There is a free program you can download and install very simply that takes all the ads off the internet pages (including these). It makes loading faster and much easier to read without all those jumping monkeys and moving cups!

Re: Thanks and a little gift

john h on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014916)

wendy: want removing the adds have a negative impact on scotts web page (revenue) and thereby could have a negative impact on board?

wendyW on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014921)

I was of the opinion that only if you clicked on the ad did it contribute to the revenue...since I wouldn't be clicking on those ads, it should not affect this board negatively. If Scott has a problem with this, I hope he will let me know right away. Til then, I will enjoy a less commercial internet.

john h on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014925)

i am with you about no having to look at commercials. my fast forward button on my vcr is about worn out.

Scott R on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014932)

I tried the webwasher program. It removes most links that run programs. It's surprising that the message board still works. For example, it removes almost all of the links on the products page. It doesn't give a warning when you're missing links, so you'll often be missing links that you'll never know were there.

Scott R on 1/20/00 at 00:00 (014954)

I changed my links so that the webwasher wouldn't ignore them. No significant harm will be done to heelspurs.com by some of our frequent visitors using the webwasher. If it improves their heelspurs.com experience (!!) maybe they will make better posts (but not necessarily more!) which helps heelspurs.com

john h on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014916)

wendy: want removing the adds have a negative impact on scotts web page (revenue) and thereby could have a negative impact on board?

wendyW on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014921)

I was of the opinion that only if you clicked on the ad did it contribute to the revenue...since I wouldn't be clicking on those ads, it should not affect this board negatively. If Scott has a problem with this, I hope he will let me know right away. Til then, I will enjoy a less commercial internet.

john h on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014925)

i am with you about no having to look at commercials. my fast forward button on my vcr is about worn out.

Scott R on 1/19/00 at 00:00 (014932)

I tried the webwasher program. It removes most links that run programs. It's surprising that the message board still works. For example, it removes almost all of the links on the products page. It doesn't give a warning when you're missing links, so you'll often be missing links that you'll never know were there.

Scott R on 1/20/00 at 00:00 (014954)

I changed my links so that the webwasher wouldn't ignore them. No significant harm will be done to heelspurs.com by some of our frequent visitors using the webwasher. If it improves their heelspurs.com experience (!!) maybe they will make better posts (but not necessarily more!) which helps heelspurs.com