Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I also need some advice I have a podiatrist app on tue.Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Laurie R on 1/22/00 at 00:00 (015024)

Hi everyone,I have been waiting to see a Neurologist for about two weeks now to be tested for TTS see I am on workmans comp and my doctors have to be approved first before I go .Anyways I have a app with my podiatrist on tuesday.Can't a Podiatrist diagnos TTS? I do want a nerve conduction test.What kind of dortor does this?I have found out when you are on workmans comp you do a lot of waiting around.Can anyone think of anything else I should be asking? thanks again.Laurie R

Re: I also need some advice I have a podiatrist app on tue.Please!!!!!!!!!!!

alan k on 1/23/00 at 00:00 (015026)

Laurie, I assume you read the posts that are addressed to me. They answer a lot of these questions.

A podiatrist can and does diagnose tts, but if one is reluctant to (I'm not sure what you mean in your post) that seems to me to be a good sign-- they want confirmation and don't feel overconfident in themselves. Or it could be a reluctance to admit they were wrong before, that would be bad. Anyway, the more tests the merrier I say.
The nerve conduction study can be done by a neurologist but also a clinical technician I think. It is a pretty simple test. It cannot rule out tts however, only confirm it. You can still have tts but be negative on the test.

alan k

Re: I also need some advice I have a podiatrist app on tue.Pl To Alanease!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie R on 1/23/00 at 00:00 (015043)

Thanks Alan,I guess we did ask alot of the same ???????? I will let you know what happens.Please let us know how your doctors app.goes tomarrow. Laurie R

Re: I also need some advice I have a podiatrist app on tue.Please!!!!!!!!!!!

alan k on 1/23/00 at 00:00 (015026)

Laurie, I assume you read the posts that are addressed to me. They answer a lot of these questions.

A podiatrist can and does diagnose tts, but if one is reluctant to (I'm not sure what you mean in your post) that seems to me to be a good sign-- they want confirmation and don't feel overconfident in themselves. Or it could be a reluctance to admit they were wrong before, that would be bad. Anyway, the more tests the merrier I say.
The nerve conduction study can be done by a neurologist but also a clinical technician I think. It is a pretty simple test. It cannot rule out tts however, only confirm it. You can still have tts but be negative on the test.

alan k

Re: I also need some advice I have a podiatrist app on tue.Pl To Alanease!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie R on 1/23/00 at 00:00 (015043)

Thanks Alan,I guess we did ask alot of the same ???????? I will let you know what happens.Please let us know how your doctors app.goes tomarrow. Laurie R