Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

9 months post op-don't forget this board when you become pain free!

Posted by Lori S on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015045)

Hi all! Today marks 9 months since I had the 2/3 release and bone spur removal. A slight bit of soreness in the AM and the late PM but that's about it! I work on my feet as a teacher all day and then am able to walk my 2 Dobermans over a mile in the afternoon with no problems! Did the survey for Scot and found that I need to stretch more. I plan to try that and maybe I'll be 100%. What I'd like to encourage is that, when you find something that works for you and you become pain free, don't abandon this message board! I've had 3 private posts in the past 2 days, saying that people who had read this board were discouraged and thought there was no end to the pain available. There is! You just need to find what's right for you! After suffering with PF and bone spurs for over 10 years, I've realized that not everything is a 'sure thing.' You need to try everything and find out what works for you. Please don't put people down because what worked for them doesn't work for you. Just keep trying and trying. 9 months ago, I wanted to die. I didn't care anymore and that's why I resorted to surgery. It's not for everyone but it's worked for me. Accupuncture has helped my other foot which also has PF and a spur. But it doesn't work for everyone! Please don't give up and PLEASE come back and post to this board occasionally when you are pain free! Give others hope that there is a cure! (off of my soap box, but I WILL be back!)
Lori in AZ

Re: 9 months post op-don't forget this board when you become pain free!

Nancy S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015047)

Thanks for writing, Lori, and I'm so glad you're feeling so much better. You were one of the replies to my first post early in December encouraging me not to rush into surgery, and I know you were right -- it had only been 8 months for me, and there were still many other conservative things I hadn't tried. Birkenstocks, stretching, and rest, and possibly the yeast-killing diet, have brought my pain level down from the 8-10 it was when i first posted to a 2-4 level now. So that is partial success right there, and I am generally hopeful. After 10 years, you must be thrilled with the surgery and acupuncture results, and I'm happy for you. Thanks again for posting! -- Nancy S.

ann m on 1/25/00 at 00:00 (015070)

I had a partial realease and TTS release in March of 1999. I am about 90% better as well. I feel like the only thing i need to do more of is stretching. My foot is tight in the am. I walk and shop and can wear regular shoes again. I suffered for two years with the pain. I do believe I am starting with PF in my other foot. I am going to try and nip it in the bud. I am trying to do stretches and I may see an accupuncturist as well. I really think stretching is a big part of it.

I agree that we who have obtained releif from this awful condition need to provide support to fellow sufferers.

Nancy S. on 1/24/00 at 00:00 (015047)

Thanks for writing, Lori, and I'm so glad you're feeling so much better. You were one of the replies to my first post early in December encouraging me not to rush into surgery, and I know you were right -- it had only been 8 months for me, and there were still many other conservative things I hadn't tried. Birkenstocks, stretching, and rest, and possibly the yeast-killing diet, have brought my pain level down from the 8-10 it was when i first posted to a 2-4 level now. So that is partial success right there, and I am generally hopeful. After 10 years, you must be thrilled with the surgery and acupuncture results, and I'm happy for you. Thanks again for posting! -- Nancy S.

ann m on 1/25/00 at 00:00 (015070)

I had a partial realease and TTS release in March of 1999. I am about 90% better as well. I feel like the only thing i need to do more of is stretching. My foot is tight in the am. I walk and shop and can wear regular shoes again. I suffered for two years with the pain. I do believe I am starting with PF in my other foot. I am going to try and nip it in the bud. I am trying to do stretches and I may see an accupuncturist as well. I really think stretching is a big part of it.

I agree that we who have obtained releif from this awful condition need to provide support to fellow sufferers.