Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

that was a good one

Posted by alan k on 1/25/00 at 00:00 (015098)

Thank you for your post, and I did not find it disturbing nor in any conflict with any of the other posts. Just a different emphasis.

My short experiences so far are completely in line with what you describe, without a hair's breath of discrepency. I am definitely going to act accordingly. It is good to see how you summed it all up in one schema-- very helpful. Of course its not perfectly true: humans being what they are there has to be some curious doctors out there, just not anywhere near me.

I should note that I do not complain or try to exact sympathy from any of my doctors, and they are very happy to get on their way without it. I mention my frustration on the message board only. My 'difficult' ness is due mostly because I keep demanding referals and tests and things. I should, however, stop expecting them to react any differently than they do,as you say. I should just get what I need out of them and continue with my agenda.

Thanks for the reinforcement,

alan k

Re: that was a good one

Mary J. on 1/25/00 at 00:00 (015108)

I guess I was lucky today. I went to see a neurologist (didn't have to go thru a Primary doctor) today after 4 years of left foot heel pain. He was very thorough and listened to my sad story. He also tested nerves all over with a toothpick. He suspect I have both CTS(elbow) and TTS. He will do nerve conduction tests as soon as he has copies of my MRI and bone scan. He wants a neck x-ray and chest x-ray.
He said that the nerve conduction test will only be positive if the nerve is completely entrapped and not working. If I test negative, do I wait until the nerve is completely entrapped or what?
He reassured me that there is no connection between my CTS and TTS. Neither is causing the other.
He gave me an anti-inflammatory sample called Arthrotec and said it would not hurt the stomach. He said it was particularly good for PT. Wow, a dream come true. But I'll try it. I'm encouraged.
Mary J.

Re: that was a good one

Mary J. on 1/25/00 at 00:00 (015108)

I guess I was lucky today. I went to see a neurologist (didn't have to go thru a Primary doctor) today after 4 years of left foot heel pain. He was very thorough and listened to my sad story. He also tested nerves all over with a toothpick. He suspect I have both CTS(elbow) and TTS. He will do nerve conduction tests as soon as he has copies of my MRI and bone scan. He wants a neck x-ray and chest x-ray.
He said that the nerve conduction test will only be positive if the nerve is completely entrapped and not working. If I test negative, do I wait until the nerve is completely entrapped or what?
He reassured me that there is no connection between my CTS and TTS. Neither is causing the other.
He gave me an anti-inflammatory sample called Arthrotec and said it would not hurt the stomach. He said it was particularly good for PT. Wow, a dream come true. But I'll try it. I'm encouraged.
Mary J.