Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Podiatrist App today I think it went well..............

Posted by Laurie R on 1/25/00 at 00:00 (015105)

Hi to all,Well my podiatrist seems to think that I do have TTS also PF.I did ask him if he could do the EMG test but he said he does'nt do it so he has me going to a Neurologist.I have an appointment next thursday for the test.He did say that their is a entraped nerve but he says it could be in the TTS spot or also I could have one by my arch.All I know it is not getting any better.He was a little confused with me today but I will say he took the time with me.He also told me that sometimes it is better to treat the symptoms than to diagnose.The reason I like him is because ever since I started seeing him he has always took the conservative approach instead of rushing in to surgery.I don't like doctors and I have good reason I have had 7 surgerys on my stomach and I had this doctor who did two surgerys in 6 months and then he wanted to do other and he never helped me nor did he listen so I never went back to him!So I do have a bit of fear towards doctors. He also said that maybe cort shot would help but he said I should wait until after the EMG test but even than I did'nt have to have it.Alan I was thinking about you today because I do know how you must of felt yesterday when you went to your doctors,some doctors have no business being doctors!!!!!!! I think the bad ones are just burt out or they don't want to take the time to see what is really wrong that's why they don't listen.I have had my share of the bad ones.Laurie R

Re: Podiatrist App today I think it went well..............

Rick R on 1/26/00 at 00:00 (015111)

Laurie,

I'm glad you found someone that seems to listen. His comment on treating the symptoms seems to be somewhat of an admission that he doesn't have the diagnosis. This sure beats the know-it-all attitude or worse yet the attitude that if they don't understand your symptoms then you must have imagined them. Let us know how it goes with the Neurologist.

Rick

alan k on 1/26/00 at 00:00 (015113)

Rick makes a great point, especially when combined with Robin below. My pod is doing the same things as Laurie, but he always knows exactly what is wrong, even if he reverses himself two weeks later. He dismisses any alternative explanations as well. It's better to have an honest foot mechanic who knows what he does not know.

Laurie, I'll let you know how the cortisone shot goes with me, but of course my problem might be different than yours. So far, the shot has done no harm or good.

With a PCP you do need someone who is willing to give referals in search of a diagnosis though, if you are in an HMO and need permission for treatment.

alan k

Laurie R on 1/26/00 at 00:00 (015128)

Hi ,see with me I am on workmans comp and I will say they have been real good sometimes it takes a while because they are so busy.My workmans comp lady was sick for a week so that did hold things up a bit. I would like a doctor to be honset with me then to tell me I have something that I really don't have.Most of all my podiatrist takes the time to listen to me no matter how long it takes.I will say I did frustrate him a little bit yesterday he told me he wants to be sure with the diagnosis so that works for me.He did tell me yesterday that the EMG test could give a false positive.We will see I think now I need to have the test because all along besides the PF pain I have always had the nerve thing going on and that pain is different then PF pain.Thanks to Rick and Alan!!!!!!Laurie R

Rick R on 1/26/00 at 00:00 (015111)

Laurie,

I'm glad you found someone that seems to listen. His comment on treating the symptoms seems to be somewhat of an admission that he doesn't have the diagnosis. This sure beats the know-it-all attitude or worse yet the attitude that if they don't understand your symptoms then you must have imagined them. Let us know how it goes with the Neurologist.

Rick

alan k on 1/26/00 at 00:00 (015113)

Rick makes a great point, especially when combined with Robin below. My pod is doing the same things as Laurie, but he always knows exactly what is wrong, even if he reverses himself two weeks later. He dismisses any alternative explanations as well. It's better to have an honest foot mechanic who knows what he does not know.

Laurie, I'll let you know how the cortisone shot goes with me, but of course my problem might be different than yours. So far, the shot has done no harm or good.

With a PCP you do need someone who is willing to give referals in search of a diagnosis though, if you are in an HMO and need permission for treatment.

alan k

Laurie R on 1/26/00 at 00:00 (015128)

Hi ,see with me I am on workmans comp and I will say they have been real good sometimes it takes a while because they are so busy.My workmans comp lady was sick for a week so that did hold things up a bit. I would like a doctor to be honset with me then to tell me I have something that I really don't have.Most of all my podiatrist takes the time to listen to me no matter how long it takes.I will say I did frustrate him a little bit yesterday he told me he wants to be sure with the diagnosis so that works for me.He did tell me yesterday that the EMG test could give a false positive.We will see I think now I need to have the test because all along besides the PF pain I have always had the nerve thing going on and that pain is different then PF pain.Thanks to Rick and Alan!!!!!!Laurie R