Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ossatron and "atypical" pf: Any experiences?

Posted by alan k on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015166)

I was wondering if anyone with atypical pf has had ossatron or is scheduled to have it, and how it went.

By 'atypical' I mean not really ever having got much morning pain and mostly getting general aching pain that builds up over the day, especially standing, rather than very locally specific sharp pain in the morning like in classic pf.

thanks so much, alan k

Re: ossatron and "atypical" pf: Any experiences?

Martha B. on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015168)

Alan,my pf pain was typical and atypical.Ihad the morn. pain and it would get even worse as the day went on-especially the days I worked.It would radiate all over the feet and up the back of my legs.I would stretch and ice before work,ice at lunch, hobble thru the rest of the day and live for 5pm so I could get home for sitting and icing.None of the antiinflams worked but vioxx which I started 3 weeks prior to the ossatron.If ossatron hadn't worked resigning from my job was the only option I felt I had.You folks who have had pf for many years are made out of tougher stuff than I am.18 months was bad enough.I just pray that you all can find 'your' answer to this dreaded
PF.Ossatron just happened to be mine.Believe me I tried ALOT of other things first.

alan k on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015171)

Thanks for your answer, which is interesting to me. I also am starting to get aching going up the back of my heel, as well as general foot pain (not sharp though, usually, a dull aching pain more like it).

I had a question: if you had general pain, where did they focus the ossatron? I know with people with pain in a specific spot like the heel they focus it there. But if it is your whole foot, where do they focus it?

Martha B. on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015181)

Focused the ossatron on the bottom of the heel.When he pressed on the bottom and sides of my heel it HURT. Ironically,my left fascia measured a mm less than my right but the left was MUCH more painful to everything so he treated the left.My right foot has improved -was told that might happen with less limping and improvement of the treated foot.
Scott,can you block Phil out?? I am a Texan and don't want anyone to think we are all so disagreeable!!!!

Mary J. on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015194)

Martha, I read one of your postings in which you said they had a study on pf or maybe Ossatron, but you had to live within an hour of Houston. I live within an hour of Houston. Could you tell me about it? Thanks, Mary J.

alan k on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015204)

Sorry to hound you Martha,

If they zapped your heel, then how does that help with the rest of the sole of your foot that gets pain, and with the sides of the heel, or does it?

I like the idea that there might be something out there to help me some day.

thanks so much,

alan k

Martha B. on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015168)

Alan,my pf pain was typical and atypical.Ihad the morn. pain and it would get even worse as the day went on-especially the days I worked.It would radiate all over the feet and up the back of my legs.I would stretch and ice before work,ice at lunch, hobble thru the rest of the day and live for 5pm so I could get home for sitting and icing.None of the antiinflams worked but vioxx which I started 3 weeks prior to the ossatron.If ossatron hadn't worked resigning from my job was the only option I felt I had.You folks who have had pf for many years are made out of tougher stuff than I am.18 months was bad enough.I just pray that you all can find 'your' answer to this dreaded
PF.Ossatron just happened to be mine.Believe me I tried ALOT of other things first.

alan k on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015171)

Thanks for your answer, which is interesting to me. I also am starting to get aching going up the back of my heel, as well as general foot pain (not sharp though, usually, a dull aching pain more like it).

I had a question: if you had general pain, where did they focus the ossatron? I know with people with pain in a specific spot like the heel they focus it there. But if it is your whole foot, where do they focus it?

Martha B. on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015181)

Focused the ossatron on the bottom of the heel.When he pressed on the bottom and sides of my heel it HURT. Ironically,my left fascia measured a mm less than my right but the left was MUCH more painful to everything so he treated the left.My right foot has improved -was told that might happen with less limping and improvement of the treated foot.
Scott,can you block Phil out?? I am a Texan and don't want anyone to think we are all so disagreeable!!!!

Mary J. on 1/27/00 at 00:00 (015194)

Martha, I read one of your postings in which you said they had a study on pf or maybe Ossatron, but you had to live within an hour of Houston. I live within an hour of Houston. Could you tell me about it? Thanks, Mary J.

alan k on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015204)

Sorry to hound you Martha,

If they zapped your heel, then how does that help with the rest of the sole of your foot that gets pain, and with the sides of the heel, or does it?

I like the idea that there might be something out there to help me some day.

thanks so much,

alan k