Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Aleve - (Naproxen Sodium tablets 220 mg) - pain completely gone.......

Posted by cathy on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015221)

I have had heel spurs for 15 years and have tried everything -- heel inserts, arch supports from three different Doctors, Ibuprofen in large amounts for the inflamation, Ibuprofen creme, all sorts of arthritis cremes, etc.

I had considered having the surgery for heel spurs, but after reading all the negative results, I decided against the surgery. So many said that they had more or just as much pain as before surgery and wished they hadn't done it.

I heard a Doctor on a Public Radio broadcast recommend taking Aleve for two weeks to see if it would help a caller with inflamation in her elbow. He indicated if it didn't help, she could seek other help, but that the Naproxen Sodium had been very helpful for inflamation and actually had some healing properties.

I have been taking one Aleve in the morning and one at night and have had major relief!! I don't get up in the mornings with heel pain and can even walk barefoot now to get out of bed -- something I haven't done for many years.

I also changed shoe sizes. I went up a half size. A shoe store owner indicated that you should be very careful of the shoe size that you choose. Fit the shoe to your arch and don't worry about the length as much as the arch fitting your foot.

These two changes have made all the difference in the world for me.

I hope this will help someone else as I haven't found anything up to this time that has ever helped. The money I have spent on my feet has been tremendous. It seems taking the Aleve which is only 220 mg. twice a day is much safer than surgery.

Cathy

Re: Aleve - (Naproxen Sodium tablets 220 mg) - pain completely gone.......

john h on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015227)

interesting you should post that cathy as yesterday my doctor advised me to try 2 aleve in the am and 2 in the pm (220 mg each) for pf. i have tried vioxx and celebrex each for a couple of months.

caryne on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015229)

I'm glad aleve worked for you folks....it sure didn't for me and I tried two a.m. and p.m. for over 6 months. I'm on vioxx now and it seems to help with my overall joint pain also.

john h on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015227)

interesting you should post that cathy as yesterday my doctor advised me to try 2 aleve in the am and 2 in the pm (220 mg each) for pf. i have tried vioxx and celebrex each for a couple of months.

caryne on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015229)

I'm glad aleve worked for you folks....it sure didn't for me and I tried two a.m. and p.m. for over 6 months. I'm on vioxx now and it seems to help with my overall joint pain also.