Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott, please get these idiots off of the message board!

Posted by Lori S on 1/28/00 at 00:00 (015236)

What the heck is the problem with this Phil guy? I mean this board is to help people deal with the pain of PF not to write stupid childish notes back and forth using other people's 'names'! Most of the people here know that not every 'cure' works for everyone! Stop the insanity! Quit putting people down for what works for them! Everyone is different. Every case is different. PF or EPF surgery? Ossatron or acupuncture? Shoes or barefoot? Anti-inflammatories or anti-depresssants? Stretching or casts? Ice or heat? Be happy for people who become pain-free because this means there is hope for you, too! When something doesn't work for you, try something else. There is hope to beat this horrible disease. Those of you who have lived less than 5 years with this pain should be thankful that Scott has this board for you! When I got PF, over 11 years ago, there was NO ONE who understood what I was going through! Stop beating up on people here! We are the ONLY people who actually understand what you are going through! Most of our family, friends, and co-workers think we are nuts! Sticking together will be the only way to overcome this disease! Think about it before posting your nasty messages and taking up valuable space on Scott's message board!
Lori in AZ

Re: Scott, please get these idiots off of the message board!

Nancy S. on 1/29/00 at 00:00 (015242)

Lori, I certainly understand your post to Scott about Phil, but I'm not sure who else you're talking about when you write about people 'putting people down' and 'nasty messages' and not being happy for people who become pain-free. I don't read things like that here -- most everyone seems eager to help others, and cheer on those who are finding things that work for them. I've been more grateful for this board than words can express, tho I've tried to express it fairly often. Every now and then there seems to be some kind of dust-up because of someone like Phil being silly or because someone worded something in a way that caused miscommunication -- but these seem few and far between, considering how many messages get posted here and how helpful most people seem to want to be. So I guess I'm wondering what you mean when you make 'idiots' plural! Am I missing something? -- Nancy S.

Colleen G on 1/29/00 at 00:00 (015254)

I agree with you Nancy. As of now there is only Phil that is obnoxious.(Not sure if I spelled that right) Yeah sure occasionally we all get extremely frustrated with this PF and sometimes we vent and things don't come out the way that they should. Almost all of us are guilty of this. I know that one of my reponses to John H didn't come out the way that it was supposed to. If we don't like how something sounds, I think that we all need to think about what was really meant, unless it is something stupid like what Phil wrote.

Re: Scott, please get these idiots off of the message board!/ reply.....

Elise M. on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015297)

To all,
Having been in nursing for 29 years now and around all typed of people in all levels of pain, my experience has shown me that lots of people deal with their own level of pain in all different ways. I have had people shut down, scream out, act rude, act defiant, cry, moan, get mad, etc etc etc. We need empathy and compassion when dealing with each other and a little more intuition and patience than usual. I am reminded of how 'short' I can get living with chronic pain by my husband and daughter when I get 'out of sorts' with them. I have to ask myself WWJD? .....................Elise

Nancy S. on 1/29/00 at 00:00 (015242)

Lori, I certainly understand your post to Scott about Phil, but I'm not sure who else you're talking about when you write about people 'putting people down' and 'nasty messages' and not being happy for people who become pain-free. I don't read things like that here -- most everyone seems eager to help others, and cheer on those who are finding things that work for them. I've been more grateful for this board than words can express, tho I've tried to express it fairly often. Every now and then there seems to be some kind of dust-up because of someone like Phil being silly or because someone worded something in a way that caused miscommunication -- but these seem few and far between, considering how many messages get posted here and how helpful most people seem to want to be. So I guess I'm wondering what you mean when you make 'idiots' plural! Am I missing something? -- Nancy S.

Colleen G on 1/29/00 at 00:00 (015254)

I agree with you Nancy. As of now there is only Phil that is obnoxious.(Not sure if I spelled that right) Yeah sure occasionally we all get extremely frustrated with this PF and sometimes we vent and things don't come out the way that they should. Almost all of us are guilty of this. I know that one of my reponses to John H didn't come out the way that it was supposed to. If we don't like how something sounds, I think that we all need to think about what was really meant, unless it is something stupid like what Phil wrote.

Re: Scott, please get these idiots off of the message board!/ reply.....

Elise M. on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015297)

To all,
Having been in nursing for 29 years now and around all typed of people in all levels of pain, my experience has shown me that lots of people deal with their own level of pain in all different ways. I have had people shut down, scream out, act rude, act defiant, cry, moan, get mad, etc etc etc. We need empathy and compassion when dealing with each other and a little more intuition and patience than usual. I am reminded of how 'short' I can get living with chronic pain by my husband and daughter when I get 'out of sorts' with them. I have to ask myself WWJD? .....................Elise