Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sof Sole AIRR Inserts

Posted by Mary on 1/29/00 at 00:00 (015260)

I'm new at this. I've had heel pain for about 2 years. I finally went to the doctor this week. I was given anit-inflamatories and told to purchase shoe inserts from a sports store. All I could find was Sof Sole AIRR inserts. Has anyone used this brand? Are they any good. They cost 13.99 a pair. I don't want to buy them for all my shoes if there is something better out there. Any suggestions?

Re: Sof Sole AIRR Inserts

Sally T on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015307)

You need to use an insert that gives firm support to your arch. There should be something hard underneath the foam top of the insole. Soff Sole makes a hard insert(hard plastic underneath), but it costs around $40/pair. There are other brands as well. Check Just For Feet for good prices. I tried some graphite ones there that seemed good. I may go back and buy them.
Do a search on this site for 'inserts' to read the recommendations of others.
Hope you find some that help!

Re: Sof Sole AIRR Inserts

Sally T on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015307)

You need to use an insert that gives firm support to your arch. There should be something hard underneath the foam top of the insole. Soff Sole makes a hard insert(hard plastic underneath), but it costs around $40/pair. There are other brands as well. Check Just For Feet for good prices. I tried some graphite ones there that seemed good. I may go back and buy them.
Do a search on this site for 'inserts' to read the recommendations of others.
Hope you find some that help!