Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

People need to read their posts before posting!

Posted by Lori S on 1/29/00 at 00:00 (015273)

Nancy and Colleen, I have had personal e-mails sent to me from people who are new to this board. They are terrified by what they are reading. People like Phil need to be removed from this board and others who insist upon responding to his garbage with meaningless one-liners need to quit it as well. They should write to Scott, instead, and have Phil dealt with. Scot once posted that he would appreciate it if people didn't post so many 'one-liners' as it causes problems with the board. Yesterday there was a string of them. Some people just check out this message board and when they see garbage like yesterday, it turns them off to a message board that has helped many of us with this disease. People need to read their posts before posting and use some manners!
Lori in AZ

Re: People need to read their posts before posting!

Nancy S. on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015295)

Well yes, I think most of us agree with that and try to follow those principles. I guess I was a little taken aback at the use of 'idiots' in your headline, and then all the exclamation points and sort of chiding of what sounded like most people here. The tone seemed to contradict what you were actually trying to get across. Forgive me if I misunderstood . . . but I almost felt like I was still reading that ghastly thread.
When I first found this site, I noticed occasional spots where fur was flying, but I didn't let it characterize the whole board for me. I hope other newcomers can do the same, because as you say, there is far more positive help here to be found. Overall, this board is the most positive, helpful, and mature one I've found yet. -- Nancy

Re: People need to read their posts before posting!

Nancy S. on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015295)

Well yes, I think most of us agree with that and try to follow those principles. I guess I was a little taken aback at the use of 'idiots' in your headline, and then all the exclamation points and sort of chiding of what sounded like most people here. The tone seemed to contradict what you were actually trying to get across. Forgive me if I misunderstood . . . but I almost felt like I was still reading that ghastly thread.
When I first found this site, I noticed occasional spots where fur was flying, but I didn't let it characterize the whole board for me. I hope other newcomers can do the same, because as you say, there is far more positive help here to be found. Overall, this board is the most positive, helpful, and mature one I've found yet. -- Nancy