Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: reply to your anti-yeast diet questions

Posted by Nancy S. on 1/30/00 at 00:00 (015293)

Hi Alison -- I began the diet on Dec. 29. (If you do a search under my name, you'll find some posts that will give you an idea of my experience so far.) My die-off reaction began about 3 days into the diet, but my impression is that it's different for everyone, and some people don't even feel one. I had a very sick week at one point, but I think it was quite a bit more extreme than the average. One reason for it may have been that I really went after the yeast overgrowth with a vengeance--started out very strict, and took LOTS of pau d'arco tea, garlic, and olive oil, all known yeast killers. So I think the toxins release in my system may have happened very suddenly and harshly. But I'm okay now -- most of the past two weeks have been really good, in fact. A few days I found myself saying in wonderment, 'I feel really WELL.' Like a well person--something I wouldn't have been able to say for a number of years before this. It is all being well worth it to me, I can't tell you. For anyone interested in weight loss, I have lost 16 pounds in a month--and that's while not moving around much.
The supplements I take are calcium, psyllium fiber, milk thistle extract, asodophilus, vit. C, and a multivitamin (they should say 'no yeast, no sugar, etc.' in them, right on the label). The Vitamin Shoppe, which Scott has a link to from this site, is right now having a 40% sale off everything -- so I ordered a big load from them. The sale ends after tomorrow, Jan. 31, so you might want to get right on that. Will save you a lot of money if you want to get supplements, which you should. Good for you for doing this -- it's opened my eyes to 'taking care of myself' in a way that never before seemed to make it into my brain, and although I still have a way to go, I've never felt better in my life, on some days. My PF foot is doing better than ever also -- I don't know if it's the extra weight disappearing, or other aspects of the diet, in combination with other treatments I learned on this board -- but whatever it is, it's working. If I can help any other way at any point, let me know. My email is in one of my other January posts. Good luck, Alison, I hope this eating program helps you as much as it is helping me. -- Nancy S.