Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Duane E and orthotripsy

Posted by Dr. David ZuckermaN on 1/31/00 at 00:00 (015309)

Dear Duane E. Whati is your last name,

The obasone has been FDA approved very recently. My comments about ASA
refers to how low the post-op level is. My patients that have had the orthotripsy procedure felt no pain. In the very near future you get to see actual live video of the procedure and patient comments at the time of surgery and three days after. I am in the process of putting together a survey of post-op patient results to be posted, Scott is helping me of this.
Now let's talk about you.Why are you so mean. Talking about prison time is a very serious topic. Did you have some bad experience do you hate doctor's what is your problem. To make comment about the Orbasone by talking about illegal importation not only puts fear into people, you could be sued. You are getting me very close to leaving this web site, I don't need the patients, I have been in practice for the past twenty years. I am a second generation Podiatrist. Trying to find a quick, painless procedure that is non-
surgical has been my life dream. There is something you aren't telling me
so get it off your chest. Let's work for the benefit of patients,not
yourself. I still can understand why your were so mean when you say you are in favor of ESWT.

Re: Duane E and orthotripsy

Duane E on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015341)

You need to read my posts carefully. Nowhere did I personally attack you, as you have done repeatedly to me. I have asked valid technical questions that any well informed patient would want to know. When you could not answer (or had to change your position) you got angry, and told me that I could be sued. This is an extreme example of a type of poor behavior by medical service providers towards patients that has been previously discussed on this board. I recommend that you get some really good legal advice. You would not like my counter-suit. Take a look at your web site and my questions again and think of all the potentialities.

I 'm a patient, and have no monetary interest in this board or anything related to it. However, you do stand to profit from the exposure of being on this board. So I find your deceitful threats of leaving the board ludicrous.

You talk of working for the benefit of the patients. So far we have only seen you working for your own benefit. If you are sincere about working for the benefit of the patients, you can start by addressing the remaining issues in my previous post.

This board is a forum where patients discuss the efficacy and technical merit of the various treatments for plantar fasciitis. If you have a new way of treating plantar fasciitis with ESWT, which is different from what is typically performed, many on this site are interested. You may have new way to 'block' the pain so the higher energies required to alter bone are not felt. I have an open mind and am quite interested. Lets discuss the technical issues with civility.

Dr.David Zuckerman on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015372)

I will try to answer your questions. You need to block the foot including the Posterior nerve, Sural nerve and the posterior calcaneal nerve. In addition local infiltration the focal point which is the medial tubercle where the medial band of the plantar facsia inserts. I am using 18 kv with 3000 shock wave at the initial session without any pain from the patient. Down the road I feel the key is increase power and increas shocks. I need to have more experience with this. I spoke with John W today and we both agree about power.
I believe that the failures are due to alot of things but I hate to type and my fingers are getting tire. This should be a start for you
The machine as you know is called the Orbasone the manufacture is MIP
they are from Germany, Norland medical is the United States company that is marketing the Orbasone is Norland Medical. John W told it's a
good machine but he feels that Norland medical is misleading the FDA
It could be I really don't understand of the FDA process.I do know it does cost alot of money, so John W has a right to be pissed off.
Anyway we need to have orthotripsy in the United States . I see this procedure in the future being performed in a surgical center with IV
MAC anesthesia so that even that they patient's experience will be
better. So far the way I block the foot No pain at 18kv 3000 shocks.
I just had a patient come in today that i perform EWST last week> Some subjective pain when he clears the snow for one hour. No pain
on deep palpation. It was a great feeling to see this. I own John W
a thank you. He was the first person that I talked to at Healthronic's
He directed my to Canada.
PS.I didn't proof read this I am sitting at a lap top and my hands are tired. Sorry if there area spelling, grammitical mistakes.

Duane E on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015392)

Please see 'ESWT Discussions with Dr. David Zuckerman' 02-02-2000

Duane E on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015341)

You need to read my posts carefully. Nowhere did I personally attack you, as you have done repeatedly to me. I have asked valid technical questions that any well informed patient would want to know. When you could not answer (or had to change your position) you got angry, and told me that I could be sued. This is an extreme example of a type of poor behavior by medical service providers towards patients that has been previously discussed on this board. I recommend that you get some really good legal advice. You would not like my counter-suit. Take a look at your web site and my questions again and think of all the potentialities.

I 'm a patient, and have no monetary interest in this board or anything related to it. However, you do stand to profit from the exposure of being on this board. So I find your deceitful threats of leaving the board ludicrous.

You talk of working for the benefit of the patients. So far we have only seen you working for your own benefit. If you are sincere about working for the benefit of the patients, you can start by addressing the remaining issues in my previous post.

This board is a forum where patients discuss the efficacy and technical merit of the various treatments for plantar fasciitis. If you have a new way of treating plantar fasciitis with ESWT, which is different from what is typically performed, many on this site are interested. You may have new way to 'block' the pain so the higher energies required to alter bone are not felt. I have an open mind and am quite interested. Lets discuss the technical issues with civility.

Dr.David Zuckerman on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015372)

I will try to answer your questions. You need to block the foot including the Posterior nerve, Sural nerve and the posterior calcaneal nerve. In addition local infiltration the focal point which is the medial tubercle where the medial band of the plantar facsia inserts. I am using 18 kv with 3000 shock wave at the initial session without any pain from the patient. Down the road I feel the key is increase power and increas shocks. I need to have more experience with this. I spoke with John W today and we both agree about power.
I believe that the failures are due to alot of things but I hate to type and my fingers are getting tire. This should be a start for you
The machine as you know is called the Orbasone the manufacture is MIP
they are from Germany, Norland medical is the United States company that is marketing the Orbasone is Norland Medical. John W told it's a
good machine but he feels that Norland medical is misleading the FDA
It could be I really don't understand of the FDA process.I do know it does cost alot of money, so John W has a right to be pissed off.
Anyway we need to have orthotripsy in the United States . I see this procedure in the future being performed in a surgical center with IV
MAC anesthesia so that even that they patient's experience will be
better. So far the way I block the foot No pain at 18kv 3000 shocks.
I just had a patient come in today that i perform EWST last week> Some subjective pain when he clears the snow for one hour. No pain
on deep palpation. It was a great feeling to see this. I own John W
a thank you. He was the first person that I talked to at Healthronic's
He directed my to Canada.
PS.I didn't proof read this I am sitting at a lap top and my hands are tired. Sorry if there area spelling, grammitical mistakes.

Duane E on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015392)

Please see 'ESWT Discussions with Dr. David Zuckerman' 02-02-2000