Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Name for orthotripsy

Posted by Dr. David Zuckerman on 1/31/00 at 00:00 (015335)

I have just been threatened by the people at osstran. They are nowing telling me that the use of the word Orthotripsy has a trade mark and therefore I am not allowed to use the word on my web site period. Anyway I guess they are threatened that I am using the orbasone. I was thinking that it always good to have some fun. I hope that all of you heel pain suffers think I have a little sense of humor. Who said that laugher is the best medicine. Maybe I can help you with this little contest. How about a contest for a new name for orthotripsy. I wouldn't want to be sued by the kind people from Osstran. Any heel pain suffer that comes up with a short, and simple new name to replace the word orthotripsy will receive a free complete treatment with the ORBASONE at my Woodbury office. I can't promise that the treatment will help you but I do promise that I will try.!!!!Please post to the message board. Scott can be the judge .So help me out and I will try to help you out. Good buy orthotripsy

David Zuckerman DPM

Re: New Name for orthotripsy

Bea on 1/31/00 at 00:00 (015336)

The name that comes to mind is bullsh--

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015337)

I am not bull---
I will gladly forward the e-mail that was sent to me today from the osstran people

Lucy M on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015351)

What???????? From everything I've ever read, the word orthotripsy has been used as a name for the procedure, similar to the general use of lithotripsy. In articles I've only seen the trademark symbol (TM) on the word OssaTron, not on orthotripsy.

Bea on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015363)

My objection is the infighting between two commercial entities that are fighting for dominance over a procedure that is questionable in my opinion. This board is for give & take on treatments that may be sucessful, not who's going the make the most money. I haven't time to read all this nonsense about who is the real, best or whatever. Let's hear from people who have sucessful been treated not who is gonna make the dough.

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015369)

Dear Bea,

I agree . The issue is helping patients but at the same time making a fair fee. Why is it that patients don't want to spend any money on health care. Alot of patients say only if my insurance will pay for it
My father is the same way. He is very well off. I had to screem at him yesterday , he is having chest pain and is waiting to see
VA doctor because it is free. How could any one be so stupid to postpone a life threatening condition because of a deductible.
Please explain this to me. I am not talking about people who can't afford,
I am talking about people who can pay for health care.

JaneD on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015371)

Like your style, Bea!

Bea on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015396)

What I meant to infer is that we as patients should not have to waste our time and this board on infighting over who treats who. I don't expect free treatment and am not against profit. There must be other forums for you to iron out your difficulties without loading this site with info that can't really assist us. Why not have the FDA decide which is best or whatever.

Dr David Zuckerman on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015399)

I agree,

I just want to treat patients. I don't care who is FDA approved or which company I am using. I just want this technology now! in the United States. I was shocked when all of this started after talking in private with the companies I hope it will

Bea on 1/31/00 at 00:00 (015336)

The name that comes to mind is bullsh--

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015337)

I am not bull---
I will gladly forward the e-mail that was sent to me today from the osstran people

Lucy M on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015351)

What???????? From everything I've ever read, the word orthotripsy has been used as a name for the procedure, similar to the general use of lithotripsy. In articles I've only seen the trademark symbol (TM) on the word OssaTron, not on orthotripsy.

Bea on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015363)

My objection is the infighting between two commercial entities that are fighting for dominance over a procedure that is questionable in my opinion. This board is for give & take on treatments that may be sucessful, not who's going the make the most money. I haven't time to read all this nonsense about who is the real, best or whatever. Let's hear from people who have sucessful been treated not who is gonna make the dough.

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015369)

Dear Bea,

I agree . The issue is helping patients but at the same time making a fair fee. Why is it that patients don't want to spend any money on health care. Alot of patients say only if my insurance will pay for it
My father is the same way. He is very well off. I had to screem at him yesterday , he is having chest pain and is waiting to see
VA doctor because it is free. How could any one be so stupid to postpone a life threatening condition because of a deductible.
Please explain this to me. I am not talking about people who can't afford,
I am talking about people who can pay for health care.

JaneD on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015371)

Like your style, Bea!

Bea on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015396)

What I meant to infer is that we as patients should not have to waste our time and this board on infighting over who treats who. I don't expect free treatment and am not against profit. There must be other forums for you to iron out your difficulties without loading this site with info that can't really assist us. Why not have the FDA decide which is best or whatever.

Dr David Zuckerman on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015399)

I agree,

I just want to treat patients. I don't care who is FDA approved or which company I am using. I just want this technology now! in the United States. I was shocked when all of this started after talking in private with the companies I hope it will