Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Second, and last, osteopath visit

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015347)

The osteopath performed the same treatment on my foot as the first time -- but this time for $80, for just half an hour. Today my foot is more painful than it's been for weeks. So this is the end of that little adventure for me.

It probably would have been the end anyway. It may be the end of all medical treatment for my foot. Our health insurance co. (HMO) just left my state, and the cost of any reasonable replacement amounts to about another mortgage. (My husband and I are both self-employed, and are falling through the health care system cracks.) We are getting catastrophic coverage, and the only premium we can afford carries a $15,000 deductible! I only hope that home treatment and rest will be my salvation. I have to begin my antiquing work again in less than two months, and am trying to mentally think it out so that I don't spend long hours on my feet. It will be a real trick. I may need to buy a crane, and I don't mean the bird type.