Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 are picked. May need alternates.

Posted by Scott R on 2/02/00 at 00:00 (015425)

I just sent an email to the 8 that emailed me. No one who sent an email as requested was refused. We may need an alternate. Does Dr. Zuckerman really have heel pain? We'll go 'off-line' with this discussion and communicate by email. We'll post to the message board if anything important comes up.

Re: 8 are picked. May need alternates.

Mary J. on 2/03/00 at 00:00 (015482)

Scott, I wrote this same letter earlier today and submitted it but it never reached the board. But I will copy it this time before I submit it. Quite by accident, I discovered that Ossatron treatments are being given at the University of Texas Medical School in Galveston--just 20 miles from where I live. They are part of the clinical studies started in Dec.'99 to last 2 years or until the FDA approval. I called my orthopedist's secretary to see if she could arrange for an ultrasound to prove I had plantar fasciitis. When I told her I needed it to go to Toronto for an Ossatron treatment, she said, 'Why go up there? We have Ossatron here'. Ohh.Really! She continued that I would probably qualify since I flunked physical therapy and custom orthotics didn't work. In four years, I have a whole big drawer of orthotics and foot gear that didn't work. She said that the only thing I hadn't done was to wear a short cast for 4 to 6 weeks and I would qualify. She told me to come in on 2/11 and get a short cast. I think I would rather have a cam walker or pneumatic shoe. Can someone tell me which is best?
Needless to say, someone can go in my place to Toronto. Thanks so much to Scott and John W. for the opportunity. I was looking forward to it. I sure hope I am making the right decision. Mary J.

Re: 8 are picked. May need alternates.

Mary J. on 2/03/00 at 00:00 (015482)

Scott, I wrote this same letter earlier today and submitted it but it never reached the board. But I will copy it this time before I submit it. Quite by accident, I discovered that Ossatron treatments are being given at the University of Texas Medical School in Galveston--just 20 miles from where I live. They are part of the clinical studies started in Dec.'99 to last 2 years or until the FDA approval. I called my orthopedist's secretary to see if she could arrange for an ultrasound to prove I had plantar fasciitis. When I told her I needed it to go to Toronto for an Ossatron treatment, she said, 'Why go up there? We have Ossatron here'. Ohh.Really! She continued that I would probably qualify since I flunked physical therapy and custom orthotics didn't work. In four years, I have a whole big drawer of orthotics and foot gear that didn't work. She said that the only thing I hadn't done was to wear a short cast for 4 to 6 weeks and I would qualify. She told me to come in on 2/11 and get a short cast. I think I would rather have a cam walker or pneumatic shoe. Can someone tell me which is best?
Needless to say, someone can go in my place to Toronto. Thanks so much to Scott and John W. for the opportunity. I was looking forward to it. I sure hope I am making the right decision. Mary J.