Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sonorex.........Scott, John W., check this out

Posted by Trish on 2/05/00 at 00:00 (015535)

I just saw an ad in the Edmonton Journal today for 'Sonorex' treatment.....sounds very similar to ossatron, and is available in my city. Could you check this out and tell me what you think? Web site is: http://www.sonorex.com

Re: Sonorex.........Scott, John W., check this out

Martha B. on 2/05/00 at 00:00 (015538)

Sure sounds and looks alot like the ossatron I had done in Sept.
1.No injection? wow I would hate to not have that -mine was quite uncomfy WITH the injection.
2.I couldnt find anything on the amt of shockwaves used.
3.3 sessions and fees for each?
4.technician apparently does the procedure-personally I would prefer a doctor.
Weigh the factors and go for it!!Get some references and call them.
Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/00 at 00:00 (015542)

Get Duane E on this STAT

Re: Sonorex.........Wow Trish you are fast

Mohez on 2/06/00 at 00:00 (015545)

I just saw the ad myself in the Toronto Star. Sounds very much like the Dornier treatments i had last year- no anesthesia (ouch). The ad states that it is for the 'weekend warrior to the NBA superstar'. I bet my last dollar that this is what Jimmy Jackson of the Atlanta Hawks had done on his knee.

Mohez

PS. Dell Curry of the Toronto Raptors is 'all cured', after an 11 day layoff due to plantar fasciitis. Have tried to contact the Raptor head trainer, Chuck Moody, but he has not returned my enquiries.

Trish on 2/06/00 at 00:00 (015546)

The dornier treatments......did they have any effect? Also, on the website for Sonorex, I believe it claims it to be 'pain free'....hmm, I wonder about that.....to quote the website: 'By gradually increasing the intensity of the shock waves instead of immediately establishing the best level for therapy, the patient can experience the Hyperstimulation Analgesia effect.' Huh?? what exactly is THAT? Feedback, anyone?

John V on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015566)

Penny Hardaway of the Phoenix Suns is also back, and playing incredibly well, after his bout with PF. Any idea what the trainers/docs did for him?

Laurie R on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015577)

Hi I heard the treatment for Penny was he was in a cast all the time he was off.Laurie

Martha B. on 2/05/00 at 00:00 (015538)

Sure sounds and looks alot like the ossatron I had done in Sept.
1.No injection? wow I would hate to not have that -mine was quite uncomfy WITH the injection.
2.I couldnt find anything on the amt of shockwaves used.
3.3 sessions and fees for each?
4.technician apparently does the procedure-personally I would prefer a doctor.
Weigh the factors and go for it!!Get some references and call them.
Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/00 at 00:00 (015542)

Get Duane E on this STAT

Mohez on 2/06/00 at 00:00 (015545)

I just saw the ad myself in the Toronto Star. Sounds very much like the Dornier treatments i had last year- no anesthesia (ouch). The ad states that it is for the 'weekend warrior to the NBA superstar'. I bet my last dollar that this is what Jimmy Jackson of the Atlanta Hawks had done on his knee.

Mohez

PS. Dell Curry of the Toronto Raptors is 'all cured', after an 11 day layoff due to plantar fasciitis. Have tried to contact the Raptor head trainer, Chuck Moody, but he has not returned my enquiries.

Trish on 2/06/00 at 00:00 (015546)

The dornier treatments......did they have any effect? Also, on the website for Sonorex, I believe it claims it to be 'pain free'....hmm, I wonder about that.....to quote the website: 'By gradually increasing the intensity of the shock waves instead of immediately establishing the best level for therapy, the patient can experience the Hyperstimulation Analgesia effect.' Huh?? what exactly is THAT? Feedback, anyone?

John V on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015566)

Penny Hardaway of the Phoenix Suns is also back, and playing incredibly well, after his bout with PF. Any idea what the trainers/docs did for him?

Laurie R on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015577)

Hi I heard the treatment for Penny was he was in a cast all the time he was off.Laurie