Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron anxiety

Posted by Dan W on 2/06/00 at 00:00 (015550)

Hi all. I am a little frightened about the Ossatron treatment. I have some real anxiety regarding the procedure. After struggling with six years of pain, and finally getting better. I find myself insecure about going right back into it by getting the Ossatron tratment done. I am not out of the P.F. pain though, after one solid year of being off of it totally, mostly in bed. Some conservative methods have given me some relief from the constant pain that I was in last year at this time. Still, I have bought tickets for Toronto, in hopes of being cured. I hope to see John W., Dr. Gordon, Alan K., Mohez and the rest of the group on mon. Feb. 19 at the Valhalla. Jenn H. it would be nice to see you there as well. Your friend Dan W.

Re: Ossatron anxiety

Nancy S. on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015554)

Dan, I'm sure that some anxiety about the procedure is perfectly normal -- no doubt everyone who has gone for it experienced anxiety beforehand. Hopefully, people who have done it and are feeling better now can reassure you. I can't think of a nicer way to go through it than with a whole group of fellow sufferers from this site! Personally, if I had had PF as long as you have, I would give the OssaTron a try if I weren't completely cured by now, as you say you aren't. Good luck to you! -- Nancy S.

Karen K on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015570)

I understand your anxiety and I'm right there with you. Actually, I will be there with you on the 22nd. It is pretty scary thinking that to get rid of the pain that you have to go through more pain. But, let's all hope that there's a light at the end of the PF tunnell.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Karen K

jennh on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015575)

Hi Dan, unfortunately I will not be able to attend the dinner. I live in Chicago and I can't get off from work, and of course the funds to fly up there and stay. My prayers will go with you. BTW, I have started running and I am not having pain. So this will work. And I know how scared you are, I was too!! The second treatment was not too bad. But I also knew what to expect. You can do this! Good luck to you!

Janet on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015576)

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to say good luck and add a little advice. Tell Dr. Gordon to inject the numbing agent (zilocaine?) slooooowly, the way Dr. Galea does it. This will help to avoid a LOT of pain. If its injected all at once (the way Dr. Gordon usually does it) you'll be on the ceiling.

Martha B. on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015580)

Trust me-I know how you feel because I have been there.I thought the last 3 minutes of ossatron was pretty tough but look what we have endured with PF.I had it done on a Friday and spent Sunday at Niagra Falls so you can see post ossatron was nothing.Everything is going to be just fine and plus you wont be paying for the ossatron part of it.lol I cant see how any of you will regret having it done! I am certainly much much better.God bless you all.Please let us hear from all of you.

Laurie R on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015582)

Hi I was just thinking about this don't they put you to sleep when you have the Ossatron? Or are you awake? If you are awake how does it feel? How bad is the pain? Laurie R

Phil L on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015584)

One small step for man kind,one giant step for all sufferers,I think
things will be 0-tay..Good luck to all of you...

Re: Ossatron anxiety-don't sweat it

Mohez on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015587)

Dan W

Don't worry about it, its not that bad. Apparently Dr. Galea will be doing 4 patients and Dr. Gordon will be doing the other 4. I will try to be there during the treatments, their office is a little bit far from where I work, although getting the time off is no problem for me. I will definetly meet up with every one if we are to have a dinner together. I feel you are doing the right thing by trying the treatment. Good luck

Mohez

Nancy S. on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015554)

Dan, I'm sure that some anxiety about the procedure is perfectly normal -- no doubt everyone who has gone for it experienced anxiety beforehand. Hopefully, people who have done it and are feeling better now can reassure you. I can't think of a nicer way to go through it than with a whole group of fellow sufferers from this site! Personally, if I had had PF as long as you have, I would give the OssaTron a try if I weren't completely cured by now, as you say you aren't. Good luck to you! -- Nancy S.

Karen K on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015570)

I understand your anxiety and I'm right there with you. Actually, I will be there with you on the 22nd. It is pretty scary thinking that to get rid of the pain that you have to go through more pain. But, let's all hope that there's a light at the end of the PF tunnell.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Karen K

jennh on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015575)

Hi Dan, unfortunately I will not be able to attend the dinner. I live in Chicago and I can't get off from work, and of course the funds to fly up there and stay. My prayers will go with you. BTW, I have started running and I am not having pain. So this will work. And I know how scared you are, I was too!! The second treatment was not too bad. But I also knew what to expect. You can do this! Good luck to you!

Janet on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015576)

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to say good luck and add a little advice. Tell Dr. Gordon to inject the numbing agent (zilocaine?) slooooowly, the way Dr. Galea does it. This will help to avoid a LOT of pain. If its injected all at once (the way Dr. Gordon usually does it) you'll be on the ceiling.

Martha B. on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015580)

Trust me-I know how you feel because I have been there.I thought the last 3 minutes of ossatron was pretty tough but look what we have endured with PF.I had it done on a Friday and spent Sunday at Niagra Falls so you can see post ossatron was nothing.Everything is going to be just fine and plus you wont be paying for the ossatron part of it.lol I cant see how any of you will regret having it done! I am certainly much much better.God bless you all.Please let us hear from all of you.

Laurie R on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015582)

Hi I was just thinking about this don't they put you to sleep when you have the Ossatron? Or are you awake? If you are awake how does it feel? How bad is the pain? Laurie R

Phil L on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015584)

One small step for man kind,one giant step for all sufferers,I think
things will be 0-tay..Good luck to all of you...

Re: Ossatron anxiety-don't sweat it

Mohez on 2/07/00 at 00:00 (015587)

Dan W

Don't worry about it, its not that bad. Apparently Dr. Galea will be doing 4 patients and Dr. Gordon will be doing the other 4. I will try to be there during the treatments, their office is a little bit far from where I work, although getting the time off is no problem for me. I will definetly meet up with every one if we are to have a dinner together. I feel you are doing the right thing by trying the treatment. Good luck

Mohez