Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Duane E.: the Sonorex

Posted by Trish on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015596)

Have you heard of this? Check out the website: http://www.sonorex.com . It just arrived in my city 3 weeks ago, and since you seem to understand all the technical things, I thought maybe you could help me understand the difference between this and ossatron. Thanks.

Re: to Duane E.: the Sonorex

Duane E on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015612)

The Sonocur is a low energy ESWT treatment device. A relative ranking of the ESWT devices recently discussed on this board:

OssaTron ----------- High Energy ESWT Device
Orbasone ----------- Mid-range Energy ESWT Device
Sonocur ----------- Low Energy ESWT Device

If you have a chronic, severe case of plantar fasciitis, the low energy ESWT treatment devices may be of little or no benefit. Mohez has been treated with low and high energy devices. He can discuss the various levels of success of his treatments, and possibly his current options.

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015616)

I understand that the orbasone has a higher top end of ESWT at this point and time. Isn't true that the osstran uses a 'midrange level' of treatment just like the orbasone. Do you know what the MPa are at the focal energy point at 18kv,22kv, when using the osstran. It appears to me that even if the osstran does have the ability to go to higher levels of MPa at this point, that the Osstran is being used at lower ranges of ESWT in fact it may even be used at the same ESWT range as the orbasone in the treatment of heel spur-plantar fasciits. this is not a contest this is an educational process for me at this time. I need to know what the MPA is for the osstran to see if it is the same when I am using the orbasone for heel spur - plantar fasciitis.

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015617)

Clarification. The osstran has a higher top range of ESWT then the orbasone at this point and time. I stated the reverse in my last message.

Sorry

Trish on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015621)

I just saw the Dr. today at the clinic that has the Sonorex. He had considered getting the Ossatron machine, but decided on this one. He believes that the main advantage is that due to the lower intensity of shock waves, an anaesthetic is not necessary, and therefore you get feedback from the patient as to precisely which spot it is where the pain is, as the treatment is being given. He claims that even being off by a couple of mm. can make a difference. I think I will try it because there are no physical risks associated with it, just financial risk. It costs $750 (Canadian) for a series of 3 treatments.

Duane E on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015612)

The Sonocur is a low energy ESWT treatment device. A relative ranking of the ESWT devices recently discussed on this board:

OssaTron ----------- High Energy ESWT Device
Orbasone ----------- Mid-range Energy ESWT Device
Sonocur ----------- Low Energy ESWT Device

If you have a chronic, severe case of plantar fasciitis, the low energy ESWT treatment devices may be of little or no benefit. Mohez has been treated with low and high energy devices. He can discuss the various levels of success of his treatments, and possibly his current options.

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015616)

I understand that the orbasone has a higher top end of ESWT at this point and time. Isn't true that the osstran uses a 'midrange level' of treatment just like the orbasone. Do you know what the MPa are at the focal energy point at 18kv,22kv, when using the osstran. It appears to me that even if the osstran does have the ability to go to higher levels of MPa at this point, that the Osstran is being used at lower ranges of ESWT in fact it may even be used at the same ESWT range as the orbasone in the treatment of heel spur-plantar fasciits. this is not a contest this is an educational process for me at this time. I need to know what the MPA is for the osstran to see if it is the same when I am using the orbasone for heel spur - plantar fasciitis.

Dr. David Zuckerman on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015617)

Clarification. The osstran has a higher top range of ESWT then the orbasone at this point and time. I stated the reverse in my last message.

Sorry

Trish on 2/08/00 at 00:00 (015621)

I just saw the Dr. today at the clinic that has the Sonorex. He had considered getting the Ossatron machine, but decided on this one. He believes that the main advantage is that due to the lower intensity of shock waves, an anaesthetic is not necessary, and therefore you get feedback from the patient as to precisely which spot it is where the pain is, as the treatment is being given. He claims that even being off by a couple of mm. can make a difference. I think I will try it because there are no physical risks associated with it, just financial risk. It costs $750 (Canadian) for a series of 3 treatments.