Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Vitamin Shoppe -- the good, the bad, and the really ugly

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/09/00 at 00:00 (015647)

I've gotten many good and necessary items from the Vitamin Shoppe. But I made a mistake during the January sale and bought TWO of something I'd never tried before. It is the Peelu toothpowder (called 'dental fibers' on the container, sounds yummy, eh?). Plain flavor. This turns out to be the most godawful stuff I've ever tasted. But of course, as we all know, everyone is different, and maybe one of you out there has a weird taste (no pun intended) for this stuff? If so, let me know, and I'll send you my unused bottle at no charge. I just hate to have it sitting in the cabinet going to waste, not to mention my having to look at these 'dental fibers' and be reminded. No offense to any dental fibers lovers out there, naturally.-- Nancy S.

Re: Vitamin Shoppe -- the good, the bad, and the really ugly/ reply

Elise M. on 2/09/00 at 00:00 (015656)

Nancy,
That was funny and not funny all at the same time. What is 'Peelu' powder and what is it's function? Did you know what you were buying when you bought it? Just curious...and no, I don't want any, but thanks for asking, LOL...............Elise

Nancy S. on 2/11/00 at 00:00 (015705)

Hi Elise -- Peelu is the manufacturer's name for a toothpowder, to use in place of regular toothpaste, which has sweetener in it and as you know I want to avoid. I ordered it to avoid brushing my teeth with sweeteners. And gee, there's been so much interest in it shown here that I'm considering holding an auction and making a million bucks! ha ha. - Nancy

Elise M. on 2/09/00 at 00:00 (015656)

Nancy,
That was funny and not funny all at the same time. What is 'Peelu' powder and what is it's function? Did you know what you were buying when you bought it? Just curious...and no, I don't want any, but thanks for asking, LOL...............Elise

Nancy S. on 2/11/00 at 00:00 (015705)

Hi Elise -- Peelu is the manufacturer's name for a toothpowder, to use in place of regular toothpaste, which has sweetener in it and as you know I want to avoid. I ordered it to avoid brushing my teeth with sweeteners. And gee, there's been so much interest in it shown here that I'm considering holding an auction and making a million bucks! ha ha. - Nancy