Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BLACK CHERRY JUICE

Posted by jan W on 2/10/00 at 00:00 (015668)

I WAS TOLD TODAY BY SOMEONE THAT BLACK CHERRY JUICE IS GOOD FOR HEEL SPURS. DID ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE INTERNET EVER HEAR OF THIS AND IS THERE ANY PROOF

Re: BLACK CHERRY JUICE

Nancy S. on 2/10/00 at 00:00 (015672)

Hi Jan. I think if black cherry juice could cure heel spurs this web site and message board wouldn't exist. We'd all be healed and doing whatever we want. Did the person who told you this take his or her medication today? (kidding)
If you have heel spurs, I hope you'll read through this site and message board for some logical help. -- Nancy S.

wendyn on 2/10/00 at 00:00 (015682)

I don't know if there's anything to back it up or not, but my mom was told the same thing by someone for her back. Apparently it works like an anti-inflammatory. Who knows? If cranberry juice can be good for the urinary tract - then why not?

If nothing else it tastes good and is perhaps high in vitamin C. Can't hurt.

john a on 2/11/00 at 00:00 (015726)

Someone posted a reference to an article that said that some sort of fruit extract (pectin or something like that) used in canning is a good anti-inflammatory agent. Sorry I can't remember or even find the details. Perhaps black cherry juice has a lot of this substance? Just a conjecture.

Patricia on 2/14/00 at 00:00 (015860)

Where can I find this black cherry juice somedays I would try anything

Nancy S. on 2/10/00 at 00:00 (015672)

Hi Jan. I think if black cherry juice could cure heel spurs this web site and message board wouldn't exist. We'd all be healed and doing whatever we want. Did the person who told you this take his or her medication today? (kidding)
If you have heel spurs, I hope you'll read through this site and message board for some logical help. -- Nancy S.

wendyn on 2/10/00 at 00:00 (015682)

I don't know if there's anything to back it up or not, but my mom was told the same thing by someone for her back. Apparently it works like an anti-inflammatory. Who knows? If cranberry juice can be good for the urinary tract - then why not?

If nothing else it tastes good and is perhaps high in vitamin C. Can't hurt.

john a on 2/11/00 at 00:00 (015726)

Someone posted a reference to an article that said that some sort of fruit extract (pectin or something like that) used in canning is a good anti-inflammatory agent. Sorry I can't remember or even find the details. Perhaps black cherry juice has a lot of this substance? Just a conjecture.

Patricia on 2/14/00 at 00:00 (015860)

Where can I find this black cherry juice somedays I would try anything