Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Stretch and Strength Device

Posted by Scott R on 2/11/00 at 00:00 (015747)

Personal Foot Trainer

Re: New Stretch and Strength Device

alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015754)

This device would accomplish many of the things which the pilates performer does, but for a far lower price.

I'm sorry to see this because I already have my own invention and now my thunder is stolen. However, mine is better but I won't say why.

alan k

MikeW on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015767)

I am familiar with the pilates performer and think it is a good piece of equipment for an over all body work out. The only thing that pilates has in common with Personal Foot Trainers (PFT's)is that all of the exercises are performed in a safe non-weight bearing position. How can you intelligently compare PFT's when you have never used them or know very little about them?

I developed PFT's after years of suffering from plantar fasciitis and trying most of the common conservative treatments with limited sucess.
My approach is different and effective because it focuses on dealing with the underlying cause by isolating and improving the elasticity
(strength and flexibility) of the muscles thay have related tendons that attach to or pass through/around the heel or toe bones. Improving the elasticity of these muscles is the only natural way to resolve biomechanical imbalances and reduce the tension on inflamed tendons.

My goal is to offer a cure to plantar fasciitis not a band-aide.

Allen if you have developed a device then why do you still suffer from whatever your problem is, whereas myself and numerous clients now have properly funtioning feet?

GinaC on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015777)

Don't want to throw gasoline on the fire here, but don't the large elastic bands (that come in different 'strengths' or resistance and are used in physical therapy exercises) operate on much the same principle as this device? Or maybe I missed something when reading the exercises...I have NO product whatsoever, unless someone is interested in renting a sheltie who will fearlessly chase any rabbits that may be threaten to invade your yard!

alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015781)

Gina,

I will pay you two dollars not to mention that again, as it may be bad for business.

This comment is about footpain because in it's subtle level of irony it is supporting an important observation.

alan k

p.s. please forgive me for indulging myself here today, and I do want to say I am still very enthusiastic about the new device and I would get one if I have any money left. I would be happy to explain my theories of why this is a good product potentially, as would the seller I'm sure, but with me I am credible because I don't have any financial interest here, or in anything anywhere whatsoever.

MIkeW on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015787)

GinaC,

I need to work with Scott on my link because it is a bit confusing and the pictures are not clear.

Personal Foot Trainers are a device and technique that allow you to isolate pairs of muscles (usually a flexor and an extensor). This is important because most lower leg muscles work in pairs and if one of them is inelastic (short, tight or weak)it can affect the function of the other. The PFT technique allows you to take advantage of a natural process called Muscle Facilitation/Inhibition. This means that when for example, a flexor muscle is contracted it's related extensor muscle will automatically relax and then when you contract the related extensor muscle the flexor muscle relaxes. Therefore, you are simultaneously improving the elasticity of both muscles.

Elastic bands or pulling with a towel or picking up marbles are ineffective because they do not allow you to isolate or improve the elasticity of both muscles.

I hope that this answers your question and hope that you get better no matter what type of treatment you choose.

alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015754)

This device would accomplish many of the things which the pilates performer does, but for a far lower price.

I'm sorry to see this because I already have my own invention and now my thunder is stolen. However, mine is better but I won't say why.

alan k

MikeW on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015767)

I am familiar with the pilates performer and think it is a good piece of equipment for an over all body work out. The only thing that pilates has in common with Personal Foot Trainers (PFT's)is that all of the exercises are performed in a safe non-weight bearing position. How can you intelligently compare PFT's when you have never used them or know very little about them?

I developed PFT's after years of suffering from plantar fasciitis and trying most of the common conservative treatments with limited sucess.
My approach is different and effective because it focuses on dealing with the underlying cause by isolating and improving the elasticity
(strength and flexibility) of the muscles thay have related tendons that attach to or pass through/around the heel or toe bones. Improving the elasticity of these muscles is the only natural way to resolve biomechanical imbalances and reduce the tension on inflamed tendons.

My goal is to offer a cure to plantar fasciitis not a band-aide.

Allen if you have developed a device then why do you still suffer from whatever your problem is, whereas myself and numerous clients now have properly funtioning feet?

GinaC on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015777)

Don't want to throw gasoline on the fire here, but don't the large elastic bands (that come in different 'strengths' or resistance and are used in physical therapy exercises) operate on much the same principle as this device? Or maybe I missed something when reading the exercises...I have NO product whatsoever, unless someone is interested in renting a sheltie who will fearlessly chase any rabbits that may be threaten to invade your yard!

alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015781)

Gina,

I will pay you two dollars not to mention that again, as it may be bad for business.

This comment is about footpain because in it's subtle level of irony it is supporting an important observation.

alan k

p.s. please forgive me for indulging myself here today, and I do want to say I am still very enthusiastic about the new device and I would get one if I have any money left. I would be happy to explain my theories of why this is a good product potentially, as would the seller I'm sure, but with me I am credible because I don't have any financial interest here, or in anything anywhere whatsoever.

MIkeW on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015787)

GinaC,

I need to work with Scott on my link because it is a bit confusing and the pictures are not clear.

Personal Foot Trainers are a device and technique that allow you to isolate pairs of muscles (usually a flexor and an extensor). This is important because most lower leg muscles work in pairs and if one of them is inelastic (short, tight or weak)it can affect the function of the other. The PFT technique allows you to take advantage of a natural process called Muscle Facilitation/Inhibition. This means that when for example, a flexor muscle is contracted it's related extensor muscle will automatically relax and then when you contract the related extensor muscle the flexor muscle relaxes. Therefore, you are simultaneously improving the elasticity of both muscles.

Elastic bands or pulling with a towel or picking up marbles are ineffective because they do not allow you to isolate or improve the elasticity of both muscles.

I hope that this answers your question and hope that you get better no matter what type of treatment you choose.