Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fibromatosis

Posted by rfcoop on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015763)

I noticed a lump on the sole of my foot several years ago. I went to three doctors including one podiatrist. No one knew what it was. I now have two lumps on that foot and two smaller ones in the exact location on the other foot. Thanks to the internet I think I know what I have...plantar fibromatosis. I can walk and only have occasional discomfort. Does anyone know what I could do to possibly halt this disease or at least slow it down (like foot exercize, diet, etc.).

Re: Plantar Fibromatosis

alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015772)

do a search on this site as I remember someone's aunt or granny or something getting successful treatment for that.

alan k
al

Roelinde on 2/16/00 at 00:00 (015931)

It was my mother who was diagnosed to have plantar fibromatosis. She is almost completely healed now after several treatments with Extracorporal Shockwave Therapy. I will post a larger message about her later.

Roelinde

alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015772)

do a search on this site as I remember someone's aunt or granny or something getting successful treatment for that.

alan k
al

Roelinde on 2/16/00 at 00:00 (015931)

It was my mother who was diagnosed to have plantar fibromatosis. She is almost completely healed now after several treatments with Extracorporal Shockwave Therapy. I will post a larger message about her later.

Roelinde