Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank you all for replies. Today . . .

Posted by Nancy S. on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015768)

I'm still about the same. I am, like yesterday, spending the day in the recliner with my foot in the splint most of the time to stabilize and rest it. I am also, in my head, chastizing myself up one of our 100-foot pine trees and down another for being so stupid. Suppose I should stop this soon. I am icing the foot when it feels especially bad, which was a good idea, Laurie -- haven't had to ice in a while and had forgotten.
I think I'm like you about stretching, Robin. The only stretching that ended up feeling good to me when I started to try it (after finding this site) was the lean-against-the-wall type, which I could do for a short time about twice a day. Any more seemed to worsen inflammation. Also, in the morning I usually just stick my leg out and stretch once or twice from the bed. Combined with everything else I've been doing, this seemed all I needed (and wanted) to see gradual but steady improvement. I think I got cavalier after starting swimming -- 'Wow, I can move everything, this feels great, why not do it all and I'll be cured next week, no doubt about it.' I had thought the osteopath's stretch sounded too aggressive and hadn't done it, but in the cavalier state of mind, I thought Hey, why not speed this thing along. Very depressing.
I ordered pancreatin right before starting the yeastkilling diet. This is similar to bromelain, I understand. I never took any, because I wanted to sort out effects from the diet from anything else new, plus I take a lot of supplements as it is, at the moment. However, I am starting the pancreatin today, and hope I have the kind of luck with it that you've had with bromelain, Robin. I think if I can get back to where I was before this episode, I won't try any new miracle cures as long as I'm progressing as I was. I mean, I hadn't even plateaued or anything -- it was getting better all the time. Now I wish I'd posted about this stretch BEFORE I tried it -- who knows, replies might have prevented this stupidity.
Thanks again for answering, and for listening today. -- Nancy

Re: Thank you all for replies. Today . . .

wendyn on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015771)

It's amazing that we all seem to go through the same thought process. If my foot feels better for one day, I am convinced that full recovery is just around the corner. I always end up doing just a little too much and starting back at square one.

I am another one that cannot stretch without aggravating my foot. Even in yoga (which I still think is awesome) I am very careful doing anything with my feet.

I hope things improve for you as before Nancy.

Re: Thank you all for replies. Today . . .

wendyn on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015771)

It's amazing that we all seem to go through the same thought process. If my foot feels better for one day, I am convinced that full recovery is just around the corner. I always end up doing just a little too much and starting back at square one.

I am another one that cannot stretch without aggravating my foot. Even in yoga (which I still think is awesome) I am very careful doing anything with my feet.

I hope things improve for you as before Nancy.