Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sorry and nobody hold your breath

Posted by alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015770)

Sorry,

I didn't mean to disparage your product and I am not sure how you got that impression. In fact, I meant to praise it based on some experiences some people have had with pilates foot exersizes, including my wife. The pilates performer includes a whole body range of exersizes, including controlled resistance for the feet. Your device can do the foot thing, but obviously with more precision and therapeutic effect. For feet only, it clearly seems to be superior and much less expensive than the performer. Perhaps I was not clear about that. I was hoping that those many people here who were interested in the performer but didn't have the money for it would see my message and buy your product, as the rationale makes sense and I have seen the results of similar (but surely inferior) foot strengthening with the performer.

I was in no way suggesting that anyone should wait for my product and not buy your product. One good reason for that is that my product is completely unavailable. My wife and I tried to go to see the movie 'The Beach' last night because it is set in Thailand and she is from there and would like to see her home again. We had to go home because the ATM informed us we have no money (or rather, -87 dollars).
I have two dollars at the moment. Please, no one hold your breath for a start-up of my company.

I would encourage you to not be so zealous, though. You have no more right to speak here than I do. There are plenty of people with foot pain who do not get better with certain treatments that work for most everybody else. If you think that your device is the cure all, you have not studied the wide range of foot problems properly. By the way, an inventor with an effective device for classic plantar fasciitis might not himself get better if he doesn't have classic plantar fasciitis.

The fact that your device has come out after all the personal experience and clinical knowledge you have is only more proof of how brilliant I was in coming up with my device, which I did without all that expertise. Thank you for your confirmation of my natural genius**.

alan k

** This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

Re: sorry and nobody hold your breath

Mike W on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015791)

Allen,

I too am sorry if I misunderstood your post, and I hope that I am not doing the same with this one. I admit that I am not a great writer. I do have a toll free number 1-888-840-1133 and would be happy to explain any questions or concerns that you or any others may have regarding PFT's (during business hours).

I guess I got defensive because you reminded me of several local podiatrists who I have met with in the past. They all liked my product but would not make it available to their clients (even after seeing the results first hand) because they felt it would kill their orthotic business(which I do not agree with but understand). The good news is that several podiatrists have recently called me regarding PFT's after seeing the results of my clients.

I never said that PFT's are the cure all for everyone however, they have helped everyone of my clients.

They have also helped a couple of people who have more serious problems than PF which has been very rewarding as well.

I am glad to see that you have a good sense of humor and I will try to lighten up in my reponses.

I hope that you will find relief in the near future.

Mike W

alan k on 2/13/00 at 00:00 (015799)

Thanks for the last statement, which was a bit better than how you ended the first letter. Don't sweat this stuff, though, as it happens all the time here. I feel bad about my response too.

When I get some money I am going to order your product and report back to the board (using me and my wife as test subjects-- I'm a bad egg)

alan k

Mike W on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015791)

Allen,

I too am sorry if I misunderstood your post, and I hope that I am not doing the same with this one. I admit that I am not a great writer. I do have a toll free number 1-888-840-1133 and would be happy to explain any questions or concerns that you or any others may have regarding PFT's (during business hours).

I guess I got defensive because you reminded me of several local podiatrists who I have met with in the past. They all liked my product but would not make it available to their clients (even after seeing the results first hand) because they felt it would kill their orthotic business(which I do not agree with but understand). The good news is that several podiatrists have recently called me regarding PFT's after seeing the results of my clients.

I never said that PFT's are the cure all for everyone however, they have helped everyone of my clients.

They have also helped a couple of people who have more serious problems than PF which has been very rewarding as well.

I am glad to see that you have a good sense of humor and I will try to lighten up in my reponses.

I hope that you will find relief in the near future.

Mike W

alan k on 2/13/00 at 00:00 (015799)

Thanks for the last statement, which was a bit better than how you ended the first letter. Don't sweat this stuff, though, as it happens all the time here. I feel bad about my response too.

When I get some money I am going to order your product and report back to the board (using me and my wife as test subjects-- I'm a bad egg)

alan k