Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nightsplints

Posted by alan k on 2/12/00 at 00:00 (015783)

Splints might be covered by insurance if you have that. The sock probably not.

I found the sock a bit aggravating, and stretched at the meta-tarsal more than at the heel, while the splint had more effect on the heel.

I find nightsplints helpful. They seem to ease the pain after a hard day. Unfortunately I am already a light sleeper and need perfect alertness to struggle in my job so I have been a bad boy about the nightsplint.

When booty time comes around I often have an excuse.

alan k

Re: nightsplints

Bob G. on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018435)

Hi, Susan!

We should all get together for a slumber party - all must wear night splints! Extra points for noise-makers...

Next time you strap on your night splint try this: raise your toes and notice how the irritating pressure points release and produce relief. That is what happens when you wear the Strassburg Sock while wearing the night splint. (But don't put too much tension into it - just a little is enough).

I have been having great success wearing this contraption every night in comfort (am I crazy?). This is such an improvement that I don't mind wearing the thing at all.

Susan S on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018444)

OK, you've convinced me. I'm ordering The Sock today. Last night I had my splint on for a couple of hours so I decided that I was doing so well I'd sleep without it. WRONG. Back in sneakers and a dress at work today. It is a lovely ultra professional look I 've got going. I love this PF two steps forward, one step back dance. Maybe we'll all do it at the slumber party...

Bob G. on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018435)

Hi, Susan!

We should all get together for a slumber party - all must wear night splints! Extra points for noise-makers...

Next time you strap on your night splint try this: raise your toes and notice how the irritating pressure points release and produce relief. That is what happens when you wear the Strassburg Sock while wearing the night splint. (But don't put too much tension into it - just a little is enough).

I have been having great success wearing this contraption every night in comfort (am I crazy?). This is such an improvement that I don't mind wearing the thing at all.

Susan S on 4/07/00 at 00:00 (018444)

OK, you've convinced me. I'm ordering The Sock today. Last night I had my splint on for a couple of hours so I decided that I was doing so well I'd sleep without it. WRONG. Back in sneakers and a dress at work today. It is a lovely ultra professional look I 've got going. I love this PF two steps forward, one step back dance. Maybe we'll all do it at the slumber party...