Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

No pain for over a month with suppliments

Posted by wandic on 2/14/00 at 00:00 (015871)

I have nothing to sell but I wanted to share my sucess at overcoming all pf pain after 18 months of suffering. I noticed some relief from foot pain after taking magnesium suppliments for menstrual cramps. But it would always return. Then I started taking a product called MSM for a stiff, aching back. My sister recommended it as a natural supplement that has helped her chronic pain. The bottle I bought at Walmart for about $5.00 says it 'promotes healthty tissues and joints'. I took it for maybe three days and have not experienced any back pain or foot pain for over a month. Maybe it is just coincidental and I would have had the same experience without it, but I doubt it. It's such a relief to get out of bed in the morning, or in the night or to get out of the car or easy chair without experienceing that awful pain.

Re: No pain for over a month with suppliments

Bea on 2/14/00 at 00:00 (015876)

Sounds great. Would you list manufacturer and if available list of ingredients.Thanx.

john a on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015890)

Do you mean that you took MSM for _only_ three days, and that that cured you, and you didn't have to take it any more? Or that you still continue to take it, but after the first three days your pain went away? If the former, it is more likely a coincidence. If the latter, the MSM may actually be helping.

Salina on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015900)

What is MSM? If it is easy to get and not too expensive, I will get it today. Not because I believe it to be a miracle cure or that I will actually be out of this pain in a few days, but I am ready to try anything. My condition is not getting any better. I know, compared to others, I should not be complaining because I have only had this for three months. But its been the longest three months of my life, AND my children's lives. They are used to me being so active with them, now MOM is worthless and in an awful mood all the time. I, too, suffer from a bad back. I went to the doctor twice years ago, but was only told to take motrin and lie down. so I just quit even bothering with them. So if this stuff is for pain of this sort, it can't hurt me to use it.

john a on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015902)

vitaminshoppe.com happens to be having a sale: a bottle of 60 capsules of Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM for $5 (normally $16.95):

Serving size 2 capsules
Amount per serving
Glucosamine sulfate 2kci..............500 Mg
Chondroitin sulfate a.................400 Mg
Msm...................................500 Mg

glucosamine and chondroitin are supposed to be good for joints. They are also selling 300 500mg deodorized garlic capsules for $5. Garlic, which contains sulfur may help in the same way that MSM, which also contains sulfur, does.

Bea on 2/14/00 at 00:00 (015876)

Sounds great. Would you list manufacturer and if available list of ingredients.Thanx.

john a on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015890)

Do you mean that you took MSM for _only_ three days, and that that cured you, and you didn't have to take it any more? Or that you still continue to take it, but after the first three days your pain went away? If the former, it is more likely a coincidence. If the latter, the MSM may actually be helping.

Salina on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015900)

What is MSM? If it is easy to get and not too expensive, I will get it today. Not because I believe it to be a miracle cure or that I will actually be out of this pain in a few days, but I am ready to try anything. My condition is not getting any better. I know, compared to others, I should not be complaining because I have only had this for three months. But its been the longest three months of my life, AND my children's lives. They are used to me being so active with them, now MOM is worthless and in an awful mood all the time. I, too, suffer from a bad back. I went to the doctor twice years ago, but was only told to take motrin and lie down. so I just quit even bothering with them. So if this stuff is for pain of this sort, it can't hurt me to use it.

john a on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015902)

vitaminshoppe.com happens to be having a sale: a bottle of 60 capsules of Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM for $5 (normally $16.95):

Serving size 2 capsules
Amount per serving
Glucosamine sulfate 2kci..............500 Mg
Chondroitin sulfate a.................400 Mg
Msm...................................500 Mg

glucosamine and chondroitin are supposed to be good for joints. They are also selling 300 500mg deodorized garlic capsules for $5. Garlic, which contains sulfur may help in the same way that MSM, which also contains sulfur, does.