Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

my cortisone shot worked wonderfully even despite the nurse practioner's doubts....

Posted by dang dave on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015881)

This nurse knew how to give a shot. It was almost painless and I haven't had pain in that foot since Christmas when I got it.

He took an x ray first but I don't think it helped him. He just had a lot of experience and was a PF sufferer himself. He said it'll feel like a bee sting at first (actually less than that for me). He said a small lump might occur at the area of the heel spur. (It didn't.)

Maybe it was a fluke as he wasn't even wishing to give me a shot, preferring the more expensive conservative apparatus on sale at the orthopeadic surgeon's office.

But a physician friend, an internist, told me that the cortisone shot worked for her mother. It did for me too. It's the best thing I've gotten out of a doctor's office in ages.

I say go for it. It's relatively cheap and if only rarely done, harmless.

Re: my cortisone shot worked wonderfully even despite the nurse practioner's doubts....

Laurie R on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015919)

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!This is still all new to me,I am going to see if my podiatrist is going to bring up the cortisone issue when I go on thursday.If he does I will discuss the side effects with him.I feel the reason he and my pt thinks it would help me is I still have the nerve thing going on.It makes sence to me if he puts the shot in the TTS area and my arch area .A few months ago I was so scared of just the thought of getting a needle in my foot but now thats gone because I am in so much pain.I also still have alot of scar tissue deep in my fascia.

Thanks again,I let you know what happens.Laurie R

Re: my cortisone shot worked wonderfully even despite the nurse practioner's doubts....

Laurie R on 2/15/00 at 00:00 (015919)

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!This is still all new to me,I am going to see if my podiatrist is going to bring up the cortisone issue when I go on thursday.If he does I will discuss the side effects with him.I feel the reason he and my pt thinks it would help me is I still have the nerve thing going on.It makes sence to me if he puts the shot in the TTS area and my arch area .A few months ago I was so scared of just the thought of getting a needle in my foot but now thats gone because I am in so much pain.I also still have alot of scar tissue deep in my fascia.

Thanks again,I let you know what happens.Laurie R